HUMAN TOUCH HOME CARE in Denver Colorado, is looking for a Medical Social Worker. The Medical Social Worker is a -qualified professional person who provides social case work and prepares social histories for patients and family receiving Nursing or other services from the agency and who have problems in social functioning as it relates to their health and well-being.
- Complies with ethical and professional standards of conducts as set forth by the National Association of Social Workers.
- Consults with the Physician and other members of the health team for the purpose of assisting them to understand significant social, emotional and environmental factors related to the patient's health problems.
- Prepares clinical and progress notes and works with the family using appropriate community resources.
- Provide consistently high quality social work care in accordance with the plan of care and Agency policies to patients.
- Participates in in-service programs maintaining and enhancing social work skills on an ongoing basis.
- Interviews patients and their support systems and performs social work assessment and intervention.
- Practices and maintains patient safety and dignity by abiding by Federal, State, Local and Optimal policy & procedures as pertains to patient protected health information and HIPAA (Health Information Portability and Accountability Act).
- Provides rehabilitative and supportive casework with the purpose of restoring patients to their optimum level of social and health adjustment. This includes assisting patients and their families to understand, accept and adhere to medical regimens.
- Assist patient and family to utilize existing resources in the home environment or refer patient and family to community agencies and act as an intermediary for the patient as necessary.
- Assess, when appropriate, a family's financial situation, taking into consideration patient's prognosis and medical needs and facilitating the referral process to any agency for financial assistance.
- Graduate with a Master's Degree from an accredited school of social work.
- A minimum of one (1) year of social work experience in a health care setting.
- Must be currently licensed (LCSW) and in good standing in the state of Colorado.
- Must be able to communicate in the language of the client and document client related activity as appropriate.
- Possesses adequate and effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Possess adequate and effective interpersonal skills.
- Current CPR certification required.