SIGN ON BONUS $2,500 - $5,000
VEHICLE PLUS GAS CARD INCLUDED
OFFERING BUY LISTS FOR ENTIRE DMV AREA
ASAP Services, is a Home Health Agency that has been providing a comprehensive set of skilled, and non-skilled services, to our home bound clients in the Metropolitan Washington DC area, with an excellent track record of client focused care. We strive to help clients to improve their lives while in the comfort of their homes. To meet our standard of care, we offer a variety of affordable and high-quality home health care solutions that will meet the needs of the seniors, disabled, and ill members of the community. With our services and skills in the industry, we are positive that our clients will maintain and enjoy their independence, safety, and comfort while in the comfort of their homes.
Looking for RN with a PSYCH background.
The registered nurse plans, organizes and directs home care services and is experienced in nursing, with emphasis on community health education/experience. The professional nurse builds from the resources of the community to plan and direct services to meet the needs of individuals and families within their homes and communities.
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities:**
- Completes an initial assessment of patient and family to determine home care needs. Provides a complete physical assessment and history of current and previous illness(es).
- Regularly re-evaluates patient nursing needs.
- Initiates the plan of care and makes necessary revisions as patient status and needs change.
- Uses health assessment data to determine nursing diagnosis.
- Develops a care plan, which establishes goals based on nursing diagnosis and incorporates therapeutic, preventive, and rehabilitative nursing actions. Includes the patient and the family in the planning process.
- Initiates appropriate preventive and rehabilitative nursing procedures. Administers medications and treatments as prescribed by the physician.
- Counsels the patient and family in meeting nursing and related needs.
- Provides health care instructions to the patient as appropriate per assessment and plan of care.
- Identifies discharge planning needs as part of the care plan development and implements prior to discharge of the patient.
- Acts as Case Manager when assigned by Clinical Supervisor and assumes responsibility to coordinate patient care for assigned caseload.
- Prepares clinical notes and updates the primary physician when necessary and at least every sixty days.
- Registered nurse with current license to practice professional nursing in DC
- CPR, AED and first aid certification preferred.
- Minimum of two years' experience, at least one of which is in public health or home care nursing is preferred.
- Psych Background
- Be organized and detailed, efficient, and accurate in work performance.
- Possess and display excellent customer service skills.
- Possess and display proper communication skills which exude patience and self-discipline.
- Demonstrates excellent observation, problem solving, verbal and written communication skills; nursing skills per competency checklist.