The Department of Juvenile Justice is seeking a Chief Architect that will be responsible for managing, designing, and developing software applications for the agency on Windows platforms. Duties will include management of SDLC process as well as production operation and maintenance of deployed code. Included will be cross-platform movement of data, management of VSS and TFS code repository.
- Bachelor Degree and/or Master’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or other science related area, or equivalent professional work experience.
- At least three years’ experience as a Software Architect involved in large business enterprise of 3,000 people or more
- 10+ years of C#, ASP.NET, VB.NET, TFS, VSS
- Strong HTML pages experience
- Ability to migrate VSS code repository to TFS with minimal issues
- 4-5 years of OOA/OOD software development
- Must have strong knowledge of Web Services and .NET framework and technologies.
- Working knowledge of Apache, Tomcat, WebLogic, IIS, Domino
- Must have a thorough practical understanding of architecture frameworks, design patterns and the complete development lifecycle; strong proficiency in UML modeling techniques preferably using Rose.
- Working knowledge of JDBC, SQL and RDBMS, including SQL Server , Oracle ; experience with XML schema development.
- Strong technical writing and verbal communication skills with a customer service orientation.
- Three years’ experience as a software architect managing a development team
- Previous experience in analysis and implementation of an intranet project for a governmental or large corporate client.
- Attendance to periodic project and management meetings
- Work will be at Central office 3408 Covington Hwy, Decatur GA 30032
- Represent The Office of Technology and Information Services in agency level meetings