SEAWARD SERVICES is seeking highly qualified candidates with High Speed Vessel for engineering positions aboard the HST GUAM.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS – The following duties are normal for this position. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the classification if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment for this classification. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Maintenance and operation of vessel systems within legal requirements of USCG, FCC and other pertinent regulatory agencies.
- Participate in the safe operation of vessel as required within USCG regulations.
- Conduct drills with Marine and Non-marine crew as directed by the Master or with engineering crew.
- Report any problems to the Chief Engineer immediately.
- Maintain a safe and clean engine room.
- Assist shore technicians as needed.
- Maintain daily logs.
- Properly stock and inventory the vessel’s spare parts.
- Operate the vessel appropriate to the parameters of the IMO-HSC.
- Properly process and pump sewage and oily water tanks when needed.
- Ensure that performance and behavior of engineers meets legal and professional requirements.
- Train new engineers as required.
- Make emergency repairs when needed.
- Perform daily/weekly/monthly preventative maintenance as per maintenance schedule.
- Perform all other duties and responsibilities normally expected of a vessel’s First Assistant Engineer.
- Present a neat and alert personal appearance.
- Demonstrate initiative and be able to make progress on multiple assignments under time constraints.
- Demonstrate appropriate management and administrative skills.
- Utilize proven training and mentoring techniques.
- Possess a thorough understanding of all-pertinent regulations and laws.
- Communicate clearly and effectively both orally and in writing.
- Logically and independently plan, organize, and complete work assignments.
- Demonstrate well-developed inter-personal skills.
- Understudy the Chief Engineer and be able to act in his absence.
- 10 Years experience as Marine Engineer demonstrating ability to handle increasing levels of responsibility.
- High Speed passenger vessel experience strongly preferred
- Water Jet Experience preferred
- Computer literacy in Microsoft office software and general computing skills.
- Specific training and experience in management of major on-board systems by type and brand.
- Ability to use independent judgment and discretion to develop and execute innovative solutions to engineering problems.
- Excellent career record in the marine industry.
- Must possess and maintain valid US Passport
- Must be able to continually pass and EPIC background check
- Must be able to acquire and Maintain a Secret Clearance
- Must be able to acquire and Maintain a CAC (Common Access Card)
- Must pass a USCG required Physical upon hire and annually
- Must accept Immunizations as required by Contract due to area of operation and/or nature of work
- High School Diploma required.
- First Assistant Engineer Unlimited Horsepower USCG License
- STCW 95 Certificate
- Successful completion of in-house IMO-HSC Type Rating Program