Responsible for directing and coordinating the activities of the production, shipping and receiving departments, including pump assembly, testing, painting and packaging. Applies knowledge of material flow, push vs. pull, visual management tools and 5S to continuously improve production and shipping processes. Reviews and schedules jobs to meet customer expectations for delivery. Creates open lines of communication so the entire team from production to shipping understands the daily and weekly schedule as well as the priorities for the day.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Supervises the pump assembly, fabrication, testing, painting, packaging, shipping and receiving of all products to ensure products are built, packed and shipped on-time and meet the quality standards.
- Observes production, shipping and receiving working practices and standards to ensure compliance. Initiates personnel actions such as promotions, transfers, disciplinary matters or discharges. Works with personnel to resolve problems and issues.
- Gives work directions, resolves problems, prepares work schedules and sets deadlines to ensure operation completion.
- Observes all safety regulations and practices and directs subordinates in doing the same. Holds regular safety meetings with personnel.
- Responsible for maintenance of the manufacturing equipment, facility, i.e. HVAC system, washroom kitchen, etc. Utilizes preventative maintenance system as designed
- Adheres to budget and cost controls.
- Resolves manufacturing and maintenance problems to ensure minimum costs and prevents delays and causes of nonconformity.
- Inspects machines and equipment to insure operational performance, optimum utilization, and adherence to machine maintenance schedules. Follows calibration and preventative maintenance program for specified equipment.
- Consults with operations, engineering and quality personnel to improve production and quality of products. Follows all quality and ISO policies and procedures and ensures compliance by all personnel.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with personnel handling inventory transactions from picking material, reporting operations to shipping to ensure accuracy between ERP system and reality.
- Ensures stock levels on consumable inventory is managed and new material requests are communicated to purchasing.
- Supervises the shipping and receiving of all products to ensure products are packed and staged on-time according to planned schedule.
- Utilizes Epicor ERP’s fulfillment workbench to ensure proper allocations exist and ready to ship orders are released for picking.
- Utilizes Epicor ERP’s assign picker manager tool to assign shipper’s their daily schedule.
- Utilizes all other Epicor programs as required including hot list, expedite list, open orders reports to ensure timely delivery of orders.
- Responsible for processing RMA’s in a timely fashion.
- Works with customer service and sales to schedule jobs and update schedule based on priority changes. Relays any feedback regarding capacity constraints or risk in shipment delays.
- Reviews sales forecast to continuously monitor capacity requirements. Prepares and schedules over-time with production personnel when required to meet schedule.
- Works closely with the buyer to ensure material delivery aligns with start of production and plans production schedule accordingly.
- Provides feedback to buyer on late material deliveries or other concerns related to receiving of goods such as quality, packaging quality etc.
- Assists in the resolution of rejected material, in-house and vendor supplied.
- Responsible for continual review/follow-up of in process manufacturing work orders to ensure adherence to established schedules. Expedites operations that delay schedules and alters schedules to meet unforeseen conditions.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or directed.
- At least 6 years of plant leadership experience in a manufacturing environment
- 2 or 3-year technical college or certificate program
- Excellent communication, problem solving and organizational skills