JOB TITLE : MECHANICAL DESIGNER 1
CONTRACT: 6 months (Possibility to extend)
LOCATION: Carlsbad, CA
This position is for a Drafting technician who is under general supervision. Performs basic to moderately complex drafting duties by operating Computer Aided Design (CAD) equipment. Assists with drafting detailed dimensional drawings for existing tools to ensure conformance to specifications.
• Design/drafting responsibilities will be for Manufacturing: Job will entail creating quality models and highly accurate drawings from redlines and/or mechanical samples with minimal supervision.
• Incumbent will also work closely with project engineers to design models for a variety of existing tools.
• Track progress and review project tasks to make certain deadlines are met appropriately.
• Candidates for this role should possess a HS Diploma or AA/AS degree (or other 2-year post high school training) with a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience.
• 2+ years of work-related drafting experience with SolidWorks.
• US Citizen or Permanent Resident
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
• SolidWorks Product Data Management (PDM) software
-HOURS FOR THIS POSITION ARE 7:30A-4:30P 9/80 SHIFT WITH EVERY OTHER FRIDAY OFF.
Qualifications null Additional Information
Only US Citizens & Permanent