Serves as the supervisor of TIALS 2 Imaging Technology Center (ITC) staff supporting the Logistics and Technical Information Division (code CO), under Center Operations (code C). The supervisor is responsible in equal measure for operations in six functional areas: Audiovisual, Digital Imaging, Scientific Imaging, Multimedia and Animation, Video, and Engineering and performs all duties without direct supervision but in concurrence with the Media Services Manager.
PRIMARY/MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS):
- Directs processes, resources, coordination, and work to achieve NASA GRC task requirements and serves as a resource for areas of responsibility
- Develops a good rapport with staff in all departments
- Is readily available and meets each challenge with the customer’s and ITC’s goals in mind; suggesting the best solution for each.
- Establishes work priorities by balancing factors such as policy, customer requirements, and cost
- Manages the daily workflow and direct work of employees in these areas by making assignments, overseeing productivity, and handling production problems
- Prepares project/event estimates for submission to the Government customer using the QuickBooks accounting application
- Monitors QuickBooks transactions and works with the Customer Account Representative and production staff to resolve estimate/invoice inconsistencies
- Initiates and tracks area purchases, both contract and Government, and maintains Government-approved budgets; attends budget meetings and responds to budget inquires, as required
- Coordinates tasks with the Area Leads, as applicable, to resolve production issues, schedule conflicts, and to create event estimates. Assists with assigning work in the absence of the Lead.
- Directs and monitors the work of Audiovisual specialists to provide on-site and off-site setup and operation of laptop computers, video projectors, video walls, DVD players, sound reinforcement systems (microphones/speakers, etc.) and peripheral equipment (podiums, screens) in support of meetings, presentations, briefings, etc.
- Directs and monitors the work of Digital Imaging specialists to provide the capture of high-quality digital photographic images of research, engineering, incidents/accidents, business and outreach activities, and official visits.
- Directs and monitors the work of Scientific Imaging specialists to assure the quality of capturing, processing, and analyzing qualitative and quantitative images (test data) are at industry standards.
- Directs and monitors the work of Multimedia and Animation artists to assure the quality of motion graphics for web and video, animation, web video, close captioning, etc.
- Directs and Monitors the work of Video Production specialists to provide support for a variety of video products for broadcasting, compression output, DVD distribution, webcasting, and video streaming
- Directs and monitors the Work with Engineers to ensure the quality of video, audiovisual, and scientific imaging departments with video and audio computers and associated technology.
- Monitors finished products for consistency in high quality, accuracy, and completeness.
- Researches, organizes, leads, and completes tasks to customer expectations
- Initiates production meetings to organize upcoming projects and to avoid potential production problems
- Understands the production capabilities and offers additional services/options to the customer
- Facilitates the development of new ideas and processes to improve both customer service and internal work processes.
- Completes timesheets approvals and prepares and conducts performance reviews
- Prepares required documentation to include; biweekly reports, monthly reports, Health and Safety Report, transition plans, spreadsheets, etc.
- Develops, reviews, and revises work procedures for completeness, clarity, and accuracy
- Research and input monthly performance standards and metrics in spreadsheets.
- Adhere to NASA publication and Records Retention policies
- Comply with all Alutiiq Policies, Procedures, and Directives in the performance of duties under the TIALS 2 Contract.
- Comply with all TIALS 2 Policies, Procedures, and Work Instructions in the performance of duties under the contract.
- Comply with all provisions of the TIALS 2 Safety Plan.
- Comply with all provisions of the TIALS 2 Quality Plan.
- Comply with all provisions of the TIALS 2 Organizational Conflict of Interest (OCI) Avoidance Plan.
- Maintain regular and acceptable attendance level as determined by the company
- Complete all assigned training
SECONDARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrate proficiency with Microsoft Office applications to include Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- State of the art knowledge of multimedia production tools and techniques
- Have experience in QuickBooks or similar accounting application to develop production estimates
- Able to plan and track project budgets
- Able to plan, develop, implement, schedule, and track projects to completion; project management certification or experience is a plus
- Have analytical skills (problem solving; investigative, evaluation abilities)
- Communicate effectively, both orally and written
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Education: BS/BA degree in a Business or related field; alternatively, BA/BFA in Photography, Filmmaking, or Music or Television Production.
Experience: Must have 10+ years’ Supervisory experience. Experience as backup to a manager, supervisor, or lead is a plus. NASA experience is a plus. Experience in multimedia production/event support in an industrial/commercial/broadcast setting is required.