VIKING ELECTRIC SUPPLY IS HIRING AN ACCOUNT REPRESENTATIVE (COMMISSION SALES POSITION)
The role of an Account Representative is to be a business partner for the assigned account package by increasing the value of Viking to our customers, helping to grow and maintain the volume and profitability of the account base, and promoting all of Viking's industrial products and services in a professional and ethical manner.
Additional duties and responsibilities for the Account Representative include:
- working as a business partner with the Account Manager to grow a defined account package and helping to develop and execute a plan for profitable growth.
- monitoring and conferring with Account Managers and management concerning customer status, history, changes, potential, quotations, strategies, and other related pertinent sales information.
- receiving and processing in a timely fashion all customer inquiries, purchase orders, back orders, credits, return authorizations, price increases, and other sales related functions. Utilizing specialists to ensure the customer is receiving the information and services needed in a timely fashion.
- maintaining an accurate and up-to-date filing system concerning all customer related information, vendor pricing and catalog information, quoting and selling stock, non-stock, and project material, coordinating with other departments to provide complete coverage and avoid duplication of efforts and following up quotes and sales leads to secure orders.
Viking Electric Supply is a Electrical Wholesale Distribution company operating in 21 locations in Minnesota and Wisconsin. Viking offers very competitive pay as well as benefits to full-time associates. There are also great opportunities to grow with the company and promote from within. Bring us your skills and a positive attitude and we'll show you how far you can go!
Viking is Part of Sonepar USA and the Sonepar Group, the worlds largest privately held electrical distributer. visit the Sonepar USA website to learn more.
VIKING ELECTRIC IS AN M/F/DISABLED AND VET EEO/AA EMPLOYER
- Strong math aptitude, strong organizational, time management and interpersonal skills.
- Strong verbal & written communication. Basic computer/technology skills (Word, Excel, e-mail, internet, voicemail, etc.).
- Good understanding of market, competitors, products and services.
- Strong leadership and selling skills and the ability to work independently.
- Basic understanding of financial information and effective negotiating skills.
- Must be self directed and able to prioritize.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- Limited travel required.
- Minimum associate degree or equivalent experience. Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Minimum two years experience in electrical industry or construction/project industry preferred.