The Digital Content Editor writes, edits and posts daily content to www.nationalguard.mil. The position works with the rest of the digital team to ensure all content posted to the website correct, well-written and meets all necessary requirements.
- Managing content releases on the National Guard Bureau website. This includes posting content, updating the homepage, updating topic pages, writing teasers, and curating content from multiple sources.
- Ensuring the quality control of content posted. This person would ensure that posts are free of grammatical errors, links are not broken, images are of highest quality, content meets AP-style guidelines, and content is regularly updated.
- Create and send a weekly newsletter featuring all of the previous week’s stories.
- Optimizing content for the web, including tagging, metadata, and link sharing.
- Using Google Analytics or other tools to measure the performance of web properties.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in communications, journalism, English or similarly related field.
- 3-5 years of experience using web content management systems.
- 5-10+ years of experience writing and editing in a newsroom.
- Working knowledge of basic HTML and image editing.
- Strong attention to detail, including editing and proofreading skills.
- Experience creating and sending email newsletters.
- Demonstrated interest in social media, analytics, or other relevant digital skills.