ISOLATEK INTERNATIONAL, the industry leader in the marketing and manufacturing of passive fire protection materials for the construction industry has an immediate opening for a full time Maintenance Mechanic in Houston, TX. The hourly rate is $29.85/hr.
THE PURPOSE OF THE MAINTENANCE MECHANIC ROLE IS TO REPAIR AND MAINTAIN MACHINERY AND MECHANICAL EQUIPMENT USED IN PRODUCTION SUCH AS: CONVEYOR SYSTEMS, BULK FEEDERS, PRODUCTION MACHINES AND EQUIPMENT.
- Performs highly diversified duties to install and maintain production machines and the plant facility’s equipment.
- Provides emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment like conveyors, bulk weigh feeders, additive feeders (Acrison and Thayer), semi-automated packaging equipment, bag houses, natural gas burners, centrifugal fans, etc. during production and performs scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment during machine service.
- Performs mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting and repair of production machines.
- Reads and interprets equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments.
- Performs regular preventive maintenance on machines, equipment (conveyors, bulk weigh feeders, additive feeders (Acrison and Thayer), semi-automated packaging equipment, bag houses, natural gas burners, centrifugal fans, etc) and plant facilities.
- Performs a variety of plumbing/pipe fitting maintenance functions.
- Uses a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties.
- Detects faulty operations, defective material and reports those and any unusual situations to proper supervision.
- Complies with safety regulations and maintains clean and orderly work areas
- Supports production and warehousing activities as required
- Orders parts as required
- Performs other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS: 5 to 10 years of maintenance/manufacturing experience. Strong hydraulic, pneumatic, mechanical, electrical and industrial skills with some PLC experience preferred. Must be willing to work OT and occasional weekends. High School diploma or equivalent required. The ability to speak both Spanish and English is desirable.
ISOLATEK INTERNATIONAL offers an attractive compensation package, including 401(k) plan. TO BE CONSIDERED, PLEASE send your letter of interest and resume in confidence to Isolatek International. Relocation benefits are not offered. No phone calls please. No agencies please. EOE