The Planning Internship will partner with Demand Planning to gain hands on experience through formal and informal training to manage item level forecasts, meet the Jack Link’s Sales team to capture requirements, basic SAP APO usage, and network with fellow interns and key Jack Link’s leaders. At the completion of your internship you will conduct a final presentation on your internship experience.
As a Demand Planning Intern you will work closely with multiple departments within Jack Link’s, such as Marketing, Trade, R&D and Sales to gain insight into our E-Comm business and develop an item level forecast. You’ll calculate an item level forecast using applied statistics, incorporate qualitative knowledge and measure the forecast performance using several key metrics.
· Forecast SKU’s at an item level using sales history, trend analysis
· Gather Customer information to aide in future planning
· Use POS data, Statistical forecasting and key metrics to measure success
· Exposure to SAP, Excel and Data Warehousing
Sales and Marketing Responsibilities:
· Work closely with Trade and Brand Marketing to evaluate the product portfolio and gain key insights
· Meet with Sales regularly to develop the item, customer level forecast
· Gain alignment with all groups as to the
System and Data Responsibilities:
· Enter the forecast into the SAP-APO system and release it to Supply Planning
· Track key metrics through the data warehouse pulling data and analyzing in Excel
· Clean and maintain the system master data associated with the customer and items
· Intern will develop a final presentation on their experience; highlighting project work, accomplishments, and insight on Jack Link’s as a company.
Completion of individual internship project: Summer 2020- ---to present general overview of each department and findings to leadership on forecast improvements of the Jack Link’s E-comm business impacting inventory, Fill Rate and key demand planning metrics.
· Academic focus in Supply Chain, Business Administration, Finance
· Ability to work autonomously, prioritize and meet deadlines within specified time constraints
· Team player with a “can do” attitude
· Ability to adapt in a changing work environment
· Strong verbal and written communications skills
· Quick learner
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: Jack Link’s provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic that is protected by federal, state or local law.
E-VERIFY: Jack Link’s is participant in the federal E-Verify program to confirm the identity and employment authorization of all newly hired employees. For information about the E-Verify program, please visit: http://www.uscis.gov/e-verify/employees
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.