This position is responsible for shift supervision and leadership for PM16 line’s stock preparation, paper machine, coaters, coating kitchen, supercalenders, and winders. This includes monitoring and managing shift operations, as well as ensuring safety, quality and productivity through the entire line. This position also responds to critical situations in other areas of the mill as required.
- Promote a safe work environment
- Know, support, live, and protect the Verso Foundation Document by walking the talk through daily behaviors
- Lead operations throughout the shift; schedule equipment as needed to minimize lost time, maximize productivity and meet delivery dates. Coordinate maintenance activities to minimize equipment downtime. Help team to identify and remove barriers in the operation to increase the productivity of the line.
- Work with line leadership to set and achieve consistent quality and productivity goals through the line. Engage crews to reach these goals and identify improvement opportunities.
- Develop team members in technical and team aspects of their jobs required for individuals and the crew to be successful. Provide on-shift training regarding problem solving and decision making processes. Work with the crew members and management team members to improve training materials/processes through the line.
- Establish and manage operator responsibility for safety, productivity, and quality. Provide training and direction as required. Ensuring compliance in required VLC training. Utilize audit procedures to monitor operator performance, documenting issues appropriately. Ensuring compliance in the various manufacturing systems (PVR, ODR, crew rounds, etc.).
- Encourage team member performance by providing positive feedback to team members on successes and coaching for improvement.
- Supervise/support the activities of operating crews throughout the line on a rotating shift basis.
- Work beyond normal work schedule as necessary to fulfill position requirements
DESIRED KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in pulp and paper, chemical engineering or mechanical engineering.
- Any equivalent combination of education, training and experience