The Electrical Engineer will research, develop, design, and test electrical components, equipment and systems including power / control systems, applying principles and techniques of electrical engineering.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Design electrical equipment, facilities, components, products, and systems for industrial purposes.
- Design and direct personnel in fabrication of control apparatus and equipment, and determine methods, procedures, and conditions for testing products such as generators, transformers, control devices, motors, conveyors, power distribution, and safety systems.
- Develop applications of controls, instruments, and systems for industrial uses, including motors and conveyance systems; lead activities to ensure that manufacturing, construction, installation, and operation conform to functional specifications and customer requirements.
- Direct and coordinate operation, maintenance and repair of equipment and systems in field installations utilizing computer-assisted engineering and design software and equipment to perform engineering tasks.
- Perform specific and limited portions of a broader assignment of an experienced engineer. Lead a single or group of Engineers, Designers and Technicians.
- Independently evaluate, select, and apply standard practices and techniques in specific situations, adjust and correlate data, recognize discrepancies in the results, and follow operations through a series of related detailed steps or processes.
- Ability to design a complete standard Roeslein & Associates’ (R&A) electrical engineering drawings package, which includes, power one-lines, control schematics, control panel layouts with bills of material, interconnection diagrams, cable schedules, cable tray design criteria, and cable tray drawings.
- Ability to create program projects, modify, debug PLC software, and understand the various communication networks used.
- Serve as the primary electrical resource for the installation and start-up of the assignment.
- Ability to manage electrical contractors along with Roeslein’s Modular Fabrication (Red Bud) resources to complete unitized and pre-assembled work.
- Collaborate with the estimation department to create and execute project estimations.
- Work with project management to create manning schedules for assignments.
- Use Isometric drawings to design and create a bill of material for electrical, gas, and fluid heat trace.
- Travel domestically and internationally ranging from 20-30% per year.
- Conduct activities in a safe and healthy manner and work in accordance with established safety and company requirements.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Promote a positive working environment in order to achieve the organization’s goals.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Work is performed in an office and uncontrolled atmosphere. Exposure to harsh conditions are possible for short period time—such as: dust, fumes, chemicals, hazardous materials, noise, and varying weather and temperatures. Must be able to travel to jobsites both domestically and internationally; living accommodations in some foreign assignments may not meet expected U.S. standards. All employees are required to follow safety standards and wear all personal protective equipment in designated areas.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job. While performing the duties of this position, the employee will is regularly required to walk, stand, use hands and fingers, grip, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; and talk and hear. Ability to lift and carry 50 lbs. on a regular basis is required.
SKILL/ KNOWLEDGE/ ABILITY/ EDUCATION/ EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering is required.
- Three (5) to Seven (7) years of experience in electrical engineering is required.
- AutoCAD and drafting experience beyond a basic level is preferred.
- Experience developing drawings for fabrication of wire way systems is preferred.
- Experience with selection and specification of switch gear, motor control centers, large generators, medium to high voltage transformers, water systems, support equipment and/or HVAC equipment is preferred.
- Process knowledge of P&ID’s is strongly preferred.
- Strong mechanical aptitude and hands-on experience is preferred.
- Excellent communication skills; both oral and written is required.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills are required.
- EIT registration is preferred.
- Computer skills and an in-depth knowledge of Microsoft Windows based programs are required.
- Ability to work flexible hours and some weekend work may be required.
- Requires effective time management skills, personal conduct, and change management abilities.
- Ability to effectively interact with co-workers, clients, vendors, and other business contacts.
- Must comply with Roeslein & Associate’s core values for the safe and efficient operation of the business and maintain sound relationships among and with employees.