KPS Global (KPSG) is the North American industry leader in the manufacture, production, and installation of Walk-in Coolers and Freezers. KPSG’s end-product serves many channels within the retail food market as well as industrial applications. KPSG is based in Fort Worth, Texas with Engineering activities centralized in the Fort Worth facility (along with Finance, Human Resources, Customer Operations, Sales, and Installation Services), supporting product manufacturing in three locations: Fort Worth; Piney Flats, TN; and Goodyear, AZ.
KPS Global values its outstanding people who are deeply committed to providing innovative, high-quality service to clients from coast-to-coast. As a member of the KPS team, you’ll be part of an exciting and modern company culture where you will enjoy professional flexibility and benefit from an environment where creativity, innovation, and hard work are rewarded.
KPS Global is looking for a Construction Coordinator, to join the Construction Services Department.
Oversees and facilitates the installation of equipment and components for a project to ensure contractors are fulfilling all obligations and that work is carried out according to approved contracts, specifications, and schedules. Serves as a liaison with project management reporting on inspections, subcontracting, progress, and delays. Proactively identifies and works to resolve any site issues that may impede the project delivery. Provides technical knowledge and input to assist installing contractors.
- Creates detailed scope of work documentation.
- Participate in Closeout Meeting between Architect/Engineer and Contractor.
- Develops and manages various aspects of contract documents including plans, submittals, change orders, as-built, etc.
- Work with the Project Manager to maintain business plans.
- Maintain and track all field related action items such as; minutes of contractor safety meetings, contractors' superintendent's daily reports, weather log, punch list activities and verify completion.
- Utilize software management tools to maintain all project documentation.
- Coordinate and participate in QC building envelope drawing review.
- Review and assist contractor with QA/QC manual to ensure compliance with general conditions of contract documents.
- Maintain coordination between all separate contractors onsite so work on those contracts may be carried out smoothly, without interference or delay.
- Maintain good relationships with owner/architect/engineer in the regular course of project construction (through communication, resolving project issues, information sharing, etc.).
- Maintain Observation Report logs, Daily Reports, and Progress Photos.
- Assist project team in reviewing contractor pay applications for percentage complete and material invoices for verification of fixed items vs. expendables.
- Attend Pre-Construction conference addressing site related issue/concerns to contractor.
- Coordinate punch list work so as not to interfere with usage of the building or project.
- Assist in review of A/E drawings & specifications for constructability, logistics, and quality issues.
- Assist A/E and project team in defining limits of project, pedestrian safety plan, way finding signage, and construction lay down sites.
- Assist project team in developing individual trade scopes of work.
- Coordinate with Project Manager, Preconstruction Manager(s) and SPM’s to make sure constructability review is produced and incorporated into the contract documents.
- Coordinate with Project Manager to establish construction milestones to be incorporated into the preconstruction schedule.
- Review Closeout Checklist with Project Manager for items needed from Contractor. Assist the project manager in the compilation of the close out documents as required by contract documents.
- Responsible for performing site surveys, creating and updating project schedules.
- Required to perform administrative tasks such as issuing work orders, processing permit requests, and preparing quotes and cost estimates.
- Coordinate the department’s needs and schedules with internal teams, customers, vendors, and general contractors.
- Composes and prepares routine correspondence for the department.
- Organizes and maintains filing system, both hard and electronic files, and manages the transfer of them to property management, accounting, customers, and/or consultants.
- Assist accounting & project accounting with invoice administration
- Project file set-up & administration
- Meeting minutes
- Assist the Project Management & Superintendent staffing teams with overall construction project management related activities
- Bachelor/Associate Degree preferred
- 1 – 3 years of clerical and/or construction field experience
- Experience in a manufacturing environment and knowledge of refrigeration preferred
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Outlook 365
- Knowledgeable in reading construction drawings and blueprints
- Strong organizational, written and verbal communication skills required
- Ability to manage multiple tasks against set deadlines
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees, management and supplier/sub-contractors
- Dependable, self-motivated and task oriented
- This position may require long work hours, both day and night shifts, weekends, as well as possible relocation.