Bluestem Brands, Inc. is the parent company to a number of eCommerce retail brands. We have one mission: to build a dynamic retail enterprise that wins with direct-to-consumer excellence and entrepreneurial-minded employees focused on serving our customers’ unique needs. Our leadership is responsive and supportive, empowering those smart and passionate employees who drive our success. We are continually innovating and improving: we take risks, learn from mistakes and celebrate success as a team.
You work hard, and you deserve more than just a paycheck. Bluestem works to do what’s right for employees. From the big things (great benefits, employee discounts and incentive plans) to small touches (jeans-every-day dress code), this is the place you’ll want to be. And we don’t just talk about work-life balance, we try to live it. Join the Bluestem Brands team to make an impact, be inspired and be valued, every day.
We are seeking a Creative Director for Haband, to be located at our office in Mahwah, NJ. Haband offers a wide selection of high-quality, value-oriented products ranging from the latest fashion styles for men and women, to home furnishings, gifts and gadgets, and the newest lifestyle convenience products. The Creative Director will develop a creative vision and strategic plans to meet marketing, merchandising, financial, and corporate growth objectives. Participates in promotional initiatives related to all direct mail and e-commerce sales vehicles. Directs and coordinates activities of Creative Department including creative concept and layout, photography direction and branding. Cultivates team communication, supports growth opportunities, and promotes independent creative work & thinking.
What You'll do:
- Responsible for brand management for the portfolio of brands, overseeing all creative and uses of brands and trademarks for appropriateness, uniformity and consistency. Directs and manages Photo Art Direction and Design Teams.
- The sole owner of creative concepts for spring, fall, and holiday seasons for each brand division.
- Responsible for presentation of creative to corporate, and senior management & communicating feedback to team members.
- Responsible for the adherence to the Corporate Schedule by ensuring creative teams complete work by designated timelines.
- Oversees the engagement of freelance creative services as required by corporate direction.
- Directs, coordinates and participates in photography shoots throughout the year.
- Keeps up to date with new technologies, software and design media in the marketplace by researching and proactively participating in seminars, visiting retail stores and shopping catalogs.
- Responsible for individual and team career development and growth through leadership coaching and mentoring and acts as a leading sponsor of change in the department and across the corporation.
- Oversees a team of 5 direct reports and a total team of 20 associates who provide creative services. Responsible for the overall direction, coordination and evaluation of this unit. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with employees: planning, assigning and directing work: appraising performance: disciplining employees: addressing complaints and resolving problems.
What you'll need:
- Master's degree (M. A.) or equivalent; or Bachelors degree (B.A. or B.S.) with four to ten years mid-senior level experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies or members of the business community. Ability to write with clarity in a manner that conforms to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups and/or boards of directors.
- Proficient in CS6, Dreamweaver, HTML with demonstrated experience in development and implementation of full-integrated campaigns (print and digital) for editorial, catalog and ecommerce. Well versed in word processing and spreadsheet programs. Familiar with database and client/server technology. Understands workflow for print and digital production processes.
- Availability to travel up to 25% of the time and work under variable weather conditions on location or studio environments.
Job Grade: D1