Management and staff in Kofax’s Research & Development (Engineering) job family help the company to capitalize on new business opportunities through researching, identifying and developing innovative prototypes for technology products, applications and solutions. Incumbents in the Engineer position:
• Contribute to the development of software components and applications, their documentation and testing.
• Assist in the definition of requirements and design of new algorithms and software solutions.
• Contribute to the transfer of knowledge and software components to engineering groups
NOTE THAT THE FOLLOWING IS A GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF THIS GROUP’S PRIMARY TASKS AND MAY NOT, THEREFORE, CONTAIN ALL POSSIBLE SPECIFIC WORK ASSIGNMENTS.
Engineers will perform some of the following tasks:
- Leading technology innovation:
- Conducts and/or participates in extensive industry and academic research (new technologies, latest advances, trends, dynamics, etc.)
- Relates industry and academic research with customer research findings, trends and dynamics
- Prepares various research papers and circulates internally to various groups; helping to continually educate various Kofax groups in latest trends, dynamics and evolutions in computer science and information technology, as these relate to Kofax’s current and future state business, segments and customers
- Responds to questions or ad hoc needs from other Kofax groups, as these relate to current and future state innovations and opportunities
- Designs algorithms for Kofax’s various subject areas, related subject areas and/or beyond (entirely new or different possible opportunities for the company to explore)
- Develops prototypes for new products, applications or solutions
- Conducts initial testing on prototypes to ensure appropriate design and functionality
- Develops and aligns workflow mechanisms of prototypes
- Develops initial technical documentation for prospective users of R & D prototypes
- Presents/demonstrates prototypes to others to illustrate possibilities and opportunities – Core Engineering, Marketing, Product Management, Sales, among others, and including Kofax customers
- Manages and/or participates in the hand-off of R & D prototypes to Core Engineering and other partners for full engineering development
Contributes to R & D processes, systems and tools for enhanced innovation, scalable and
- repeatable use
- Collaborates with Marketing, Sales, and Product Management to define product direction from a technological point of view
- Participates with Core Engineering, User Experience Engineering and others in the full engineering development phases. Provides expert design and development insights, guidance and supportive direction
- Supports Core Engineering and other partners such as Quality Assurance and Technical Communications in any downstream development activities for R & D-originated innovations, e.g., quality assurance testing, technical publications and other technical content communications’ needs
- Supports other internal and external partners/stakeholders/customers, as and when appropriate, in responding to industry, academic or other research, challenges, opportunities, etc.
- Participates in the generation and maintenance of intellectual property, for instance by identifying new IP and contributing to the patenting process
Stays abreast of industry and field developments; remains current in the latest technologies and functionalities, as well as ever-evolving needs of customers and their customers.
Candidates for this position should hold the following qualifications, have the following experience, and be able to demonstrate the following competencies to be considered as a suitable applicant. Please note that except where specified as “preferred,” or as a “plus,” all points listed below are considered minimum requirements.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related discipline
• Has some relevant technical experience