- As a HUBZone certified business, we STRONGLY encourage candidates who reside in a HUBZone to apply. To confirm if your home address is within a HUBZone, please visit http://map.sba.gov/hubzone/maps/.
- Qualified candidates: Please provide availability, employment work status and salary requirements.
- 40 Hours a month from our Richmond, VA Office
KCS seeking a **Proposal/Technical Writer Intern" to provide overall proposal writing throughout the entire proposal life cycle in response to Government Request for Proposals (RFPs), Request for Information (RFIs), and Sources Sought often under tight deadlines. The successful candidate should be familiar with Federal proposal process, from capture management, through proposal production and editing.
- Provides direct writing and editing for the proposal team.
- Must have skills in developing all proposal documentation (proposal outlines, compliance matrix, and proposal related customer questions, schedules and final proposal documents.
- Edits and rewrites text as needed to leverage existing boilerplate materials.
- Collaborates with other members (Business Developers, SMEs, and Senior Level Management) to clearly write a winning proposal.
- Creates and maintains a proposal library – both hard copy and electronic.
- Maintains boilerplate material inventory.
- Writes all proposal sections, including executive summaries, past performance/qualification summaries and resumes in specialized format.
- Creates and maintains high-quality templates.
- Assists the team in the overall production, packaging and delivery of proposals.
- Serves as the quality assurance function for final products, ensuring quality and compliance.
- Reviews/rewriting proposal inputs and coordinate with technical and/or management personnel to ensure accuracy.
- Copies and edits proposals and related documents for completeness and compliance with editorial standards and for proposal formatting and composition.
- Coordinates proposal reviews, ensuring compliance with solicitation requirements.
- Maintains inventory of bid opportunities, go/no go decisions, and proposal wins/losses.
- Maintains contract matrix and keep past performance information up to date.