I BELIEVE THAT BETTER CARE BEGINS AT HOME.
Compassionate care, uncompromising service and clinical excellence – that’s what our patients have come to expect from our clinicians. Kindred at Home, a division of Kindred Healthcare Inc., is the nation’s leading provider of comprehensive home health, hospice, and non-medical home care services.
Kindred at Home, and its affiliates, delivers compassionate, high-quality care to patients and clients in their homes or places of residence, including non-medical personal assistance, skilled nursing and rehabilitation and hospice and palliative care. Our caregivers focus on each unique patient to deliver the appropriate care and emotional support to our patients and their families.
As a REVENUE SPECIALIST, you will:
- Abides by and demonstrates the company Mission – Vision – Values through both behavior and job performance on a day-to-day basis.
- Accurately enters patient/client billing data, nursing home rates, level of care, per diem, and physician billing or charges, visit charges, fee for service charges, verify discharge and admission data.
- Coordinates, reviews, and analyzes documentation and data entry supporting Medicare, Medicaid, and commercial payer requirements to ensure accurate and timely billing.
- Coordinates reviews and analyzes accounts receivable tracking tools and maintain accounts receivable files in order to ensure accurate and timely claim submission and to prevent lost revenue.
- Confirms or ensures the accuracy of the data in Horizon.
- Ensures eligibility is confirmed and necessary paperwork is accurate and submitted timely to prevent lost revenue.
- Maintains authorize function to ensure that all necessary information is secured for timely accurate payment. This includes eligibility, insurance verification, authorizations, certification and recertification, state required documentation for Medicaid and Room and Board payment.
- Ensures that the appropriate payers have been identified and verified. This includes securing and reviewing the HIQA and the secondary payer questionnaire.
- Maintains the bill hold report and continually reviews the prior month bill hold to resolve outstanding items on the report that prevent billing.
- Assists in the preparation of monthly accounts receivable revenue and reviews reports in order to ensure accuracy and timely month end books close.
- Ensures all internal controls and related policies/procedures are implemented and followed in accordance to the accounts receivable requirements.
- Ensures all payer requirements are met accordingly, including pre-cert requirements, notification requirements, and level of care change required documents.
- Assists and responds timely to all Centralized locations and AR Support Team requests.
- Review and follow up on the bill hold report and determine resolutions.
- Alerts appropriate team members at the Site regarding late or missing documents required for billing.
- Establishes and maintains positive working relationships with Sites, Nursing Home Facilities, and AR Teams. .
- Maintains the confidentiality of patient/client and agency information at all times.
- Ensures that all required A/P related paperwork is submitted and that vendors are paid
- Maintains accurate and up to date information for all vendor and nursing facility contracts. Keeps information in an orderly manner readily accessible for review. Presents status as requested
- Assures for compliance with local, state and federal laws, Medicare regulations, and established company policies and procedures.
- Regular attendance is to be maintained.
- Adheres to a code of conduct conducive with the Company’s policy is expected.
- Meets or exceeds delivery of Company Service Standards in a consistent fashion.
- Interact with all staff in a positive and motivational fashion supporting the Company’s mission.
- Conduct all business activities in a professional and ethical manner.
- Comply with all Reimbursement policies.
- Adheres to and participates in Company’s mandatory HIPAA privacy program / practices and Business Ethics and Compliance programs / practices.
- Reviews and adheres to all Company policies and procedures and the Employee Handbook.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Monitor all newly-hired associates, as well as re-education of revenue teams as necessary.
- Assists the Supervisor in the distribution of work to Rep and in the completions of special project and performs others duties as required.
- Acts as an information resource for any hard revenue generation issues or system issues. Basically the subject matter expert.
ASSIST SUPERVISOR IN HR RELATED FUNCTIONS.
- Assures the completion and coordination of work in an associate’s absence, or as needed to maintain departmental standards.
- Performs Month End analysis per location to identify areas that require process improvement.
- Monitors team results to ensure they are aligned with departmental goals.
- Assist the Supervisors as acting Supervisor in their absence.
- Works with the internal staff and Sites to initiate and implement new enhancements or platforms as necessary.
- Organizes any information that needs to be forwarded to the appropriate associate/dept with the organization.
- Assist the Supervisor with new location implementations.
- Work closely with upper Managers to be able to provide feedback on processes.
- Assist with creating new or improvement on Team process.
- Able to manage the Staff.
- Strong customer service experienced
- Minimum of two years Hospice/Home Health Care or Medical Office experience required
- Able to work in an interdisciplinary setting
- Ability to monitor clinical files in a systematic and orderly fashion
- Knowledge of insurance reimbursement and authorize process
- Effective data entry and work processing, problem solving, human relations, and oral/written communications skills
- Minimum of two years college preferred
- Able to Multi-task
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.