We are looking for a Senior Network Engineer who will be responsible for maintaining and administering our company's computer networks. As a Senior Network Engineer, you will provide network design, engineering and administrative support of both physical and virtual networking devices. Your primary duties will include maintenance of computer networks, hardware, software, and other related systems, performing disaster recovery operations, protecting data, software, and hardware from attacks, and replacing faulty network hardware components when necessary.
To be a successful candidate, you will need to have a strong understanding of network infrastructure and network hardware. You will also need to be able to implement, administer, and troubleshoot network devices including WAPs, firewalls, routers, switches, and controllers. A deep knowledge of application transport and network infrastructure protocols is highly desired.
NETWORK ENGINEER RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Administer a large UC environment with Cisco and Avaya systems.
- Work with the Telecom Services team to analyze, design, develop, implement, and troubleshoot telecommunications systems and solutions (dispatch appropriate vendors).
- Ordering telecom circuits, services, and disconnects (SIP circuits, PRIs, MPLS, Broadband/DSL, and analog phone/fax lines) for facilities.
- Work with carriers on activating services.
- Order, disconnect, and troubleshoot toll free services.
- Converting legacy carrier services to SIP.
- Work through billing disputes caused by disconnections and other issues, tracking credits due, receipt, and resolving the items through to fruition.
- Track the progress of MACS requests.
- Work on facility moves, consolidation and disposition projects.
- Maintains high quality documentation of configurations and inventory.
- Responds appropriately to emergency requests and notifies appropriate IT staff of serious service interruptions.
- Attend meetings and report on statuses.
- Actively builds and maintains relationships with user community, vendors, specialists and developers in order to understand business needs and requirements.
- Direct involvement in completing various upgrade and migration projects.
- Work as a team and with minimal oversite to complete complex projects.
- Work with multiple vendors to implement and complete projects.
- Provide support to end users for the environment.
- Communicate regularly with management concerning recommendations for improving systems, services, and support.
- Designing, maintaining and administering computer networks and related computing environments including systems software, applications software, hardware, and configurations.
- Performing disaster recovery operations and data backups when required.
- Protecting data, software, and hardware by coordinating, planning and implementing network security measures.
- Troubleshooting, diagnosing and resolving hardware, software, and other network and system problems.
- Replacing faulty network hardware components when required.
- Monitoring network performance to determine if adjustments need to be made.
- Operating master consoles to monitor the performance of networks.
- All networks and associated equipment must meet specified Information Technology security requirements and guidelines.
- You will also be working closely with the users of our network in order to identify potential issues and fix existing problems.
- 3-5 years of experience in a telecommunications voice engineer role.
- REQUIRED - MERAKI WIRELESS AND VIPTELA SD-WAN
- Experience configuring and maintaining Load balancers preferred
- Cisco UCS design experience preferred.
- VMW NSX experience desired
- ROUTE/SWITCH EXPERIENCE including LAN/WAN, SDWAN REQUIRED.
- REQUIRED 3-5 years of experience working with telecommunications providers in a large environment.
- Prior experience engaging with telecom vendor account teams preferred. (e.g. AT&T, Verizon, Level 3)
- Prior experience ordering and decommissioning telecom circuits preferred.
- Prior experience working with service consolidation providers preferred. (e.g. Granite, MetTel, DSR)
- Experience managing complex project implementations.
- Knowledge and understanding of the technical operating environments.
- Ability to think through problems and visualize solutions.
- Ability to implement, administer, and troubleshoot network infrastructure devices, including wireless access points, firewall, routers, switches, controllers.
- Knowledge of application transport and network infrastructure protocols.
- Ability to create accurate network diagrams and documentation for design and planning network communication systems.