I BELIEVE THAT BETTER CARE BEGINS AT HOME.
Compassionate care, uncompromising service and clinical excellence – that’s what our patients have come to expect from our clinicians. Kindred at Home, a division of Kindred Healthcare Inc., is the nation’s leading provider of comprehensive home health, hospice, and non-medical home care services.
Kindred at Home, and its affiliates, delivers compassionate, high-quality care to patients and clients in their homes or places of residence, including non-medical personal assistance, skilled nursing and rehabilitation and hospice and palliative care. Our caregivers focus on each unique patient to deliver the appropriate care and emotional support to our patients and their families.
As a HOME HEALTH SPEECH LANGUAGE PATHOLOGIST, you will:
- Evaluate, direct and provide speech/language pathology service to patients in the home or facility
- Participate in the development and periodic review of the Plan of Treatment and Plan of Care.
- Utilize professional skills and judgment in assessing and treating disorders of speech, voice, language, hearing and swallowing to prevent, identify, evaluate and minimize the effects of such disorders and conditions.
- Administer and interpret diagnostic tests and applications of therapeutic treatments including audio logic screening.
- Observe, record and report changes in the patient's condition and response to treatment to supervisor and/or the physician.
- Provide instruction and training to patients in use of alternative communication systems when appropriate.
- Provide counsel and instruction to patients, families and healthcare staff.
- Maintain and submit documentation as required by the Company and/or facility. Prepare and submit timely written reports of evaluations, visits, summaries, care plans, care coordination activities and progress reports as required by Company policy.
- Participate in care coordination activities and discharge planning.
- Maintain the highest standards of professional conduct in relation to information that is confidential in nature. Share information only when the recipient's right to access is clearly established and the sharing of such information is clearly in the best interests of the patient.
- Attend, participate in and/or conduct internal staff development programs, obtain continuing education as required by Company policy, regulation.
- Meet the education and experience requirements for Certification of Clinical Competence in Speech Language Pathology or Audiology granted by ASHA
- Minimum of six months experience as a speech therapist / speech language pathologist
- Home Health experience a plus
- Current and unrestricted license
- Current CPR certification
- Good organizational and communication skills
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
TO LEARN MORE, PLEASE CONTACT YOUR LOCAL RECRUITER AT (TOLL FREE) 855-KND-AT-HOME