WHO WE ARE:
Honesty, fairness, hard work, performance, and the love of construction. At Boldt, these are the values that drive us. They push us to be better every day. To provide the highest-quality service and greatest value to every project we’re a part of. We’re looking for forward thinking people who share in that dedication. An innovative spirit, results-oriented thinking, and a dedication to our values have helped us grow into one of the largest professional construction services firms in the United States.
As a member of the Boldt team, you’ll collaborate with some of the most knowledgeable professionals in our industry. You’ll have the chance to learn new skills and seek greater responsibilities, while earning competitive pay and benefits. And you’ll join a team that builds real value in the world around you.
How your role fits into Boldt:
The Production Innovation Manager is to ensure the highest level of production innovation, planning, and execution throughout Western Operations and Boldt and reports to the Project Director. In the short term, this position will be project focused with a long-term goal of improving and leading companywide off-site manufacturing and industrial construction capabilities. This position interacts directly the team, including Project Executives and Project Managers, providing trusted insight into the production aspects of our projects, optimizing construction technology, supply chain management, and all aspects of industrialized construction and off-site fabrication. The primary focus of this role includes supporting, managing and continuously developing the Boldt Production System to make sure optimal Design & Production is built into all project execution plans. You will work to make sure that Boldt's operational expectations for Design & Production Management, including Built in Safety (BIS) and Built in Quality (BIQ), Production Tracking (PPP), Production Planning and Scheduling (“BPS”), and Off-site Fabrication are understood, implemented and executed on all projects within Western Operations. The Production Manager will influence and help oversee all Boldt and Trade Partner-performed off-site fabrication. This position is to assure the integration of design, inspection, commissioning, and all technical information is built into Construction Operations. The Production Engineers and/or other members of project teams may report to this position. This position has a responsibility to keep Project Leadership informed of the project’s production performance and provides advice on all BPS matters
What you get to do:
- Develop regional production planning expectations and integrate Boldt’s standard control processes (BPS) for the Western Operations production teams. Provide appropriate support, coaching, and training, and audit project implementation regularly. Champion a culture of learning and experimentation, promoting connections between members of different teams, and actively working to refine and improve processes both regionally and companywide.
- Develop and oversee Western Operations’ production innovation and off-site fabrication strategies.
- Define, recommend, and control Western Operation’s production and productivity objectives.
- Set expectations for production goals, tracking and visualization.
- Set priorities for production efforts and continuous improvement events.
- Assist teams in developing a project-specific production plan addressing the level of detail and effort appropriate to right-size the efforts to fit the project environment.
- Perform production planning assessments through both active and passive participation in the project’s production planning work. The assessments will be shared with the project team to promote learning and continuous improvement, with a focus on developing action plans for any variances from expectations.
- Share key findings and ideas for improvement between Western Operations projects, the company, and the industry.
- Work closely with the managers for the Integrated Production Planning and Financial Forecasting (IPPFF) and Virtual Design and Construction (VDC) to align production planning efforts with financial expectations and gain support from the VDC team.
- Reviews project financial forecasting reports and tracks production activity to monitor project’s performance.
- Coordinate with the VDC and BIM team to further the use of technology to support production operations, where appropriate.
- Oversee implementation of Built-in Quality Program to assure that all work is installed in accordance with the intent of the design, the requirements of authorities having jurisdiction, and customer expectations for both on and off-site fabrication.
- Develop process to assure recognition of variances in quality and understanding the root causes of variance.
- Plan, lead and monitor off-site and on-site prefabrication, along with kitting of work packages.
- Develop Takt Production plans, based upon takt analysis, workflow balancing, flow line planning and location-based scheduling.
- In collaboration with Project Teams, lead development of materials management processes and systems that support continuous workflow on the jobsite.
- Conduct supply chain production analysis to identify opportunities to improve shop productivity and to synchronize production flow with on-site Takt Plans.
- Lead Gemba walks where work is being fabricated or installed, to identify lean wastes and opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Other duties, responsibilities, or activities may be assigned at any time.
What we expect from you:
- Drives continuous improvement throughout the Operating Group and promotes positive change. Able to identify and improve systems and procedures while maintaining attention to detail.
- Earns trust and credibility, displays excellent customer service skills and operational commitment and adherence from project staff to standard company processes.
- Builds the capability of the project staff by selecting, orientating, and training employees.
- Promotes staff job satisfaction and career development by coaching, mentoring, teaching, setting clear expectations, and monitoring.
- Demonstrates strong analytical, critical thinking and leadership abilities.
- Capability to handle multiple priorities with good organizational and time management skills.
- Advanced communication skills with ability to interact with people in all areas of the Company and ability to thrive in a fast paced, multi-site, fast growing organization.
- High level of professionalism with strong values and character that aligns with core Company values of honesty, fairness, hard work, performance and a love of construction.
- Strong work ethic and eagerness to produce high quality results along with the ability to work independently, as well as part of a team.
- Highly skilled in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook, Power BI, CMiC and other data analytics tools.
Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Engineering, or Construction Management. Minimum of 15 years of related work experience required; including comprehensive five years design, project and production management experience. Outstanding knowledge and understanding of design and construction process.
Physical requirements and working conditions:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to remain in a stationary position for up to eight hours. The employee occasionally is required to move to access people or workspaces. Constantly operates a computer and other office equipment, such as a calculator, copy machine and computer printer. The ability to optimally communicate is required. The employee may occasionally move up to 15 pounds.
The working conditions of this position requires the employee to work inside an office environment. The environment for which this position functions may contain scents and fragrances. May be requested to work overtime and weekends.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
We are a multi- generational family owned, privately held organization. Along with encouraging a safe and robust team based environment, we offer:
- A competitive wage with a comprehensive medical, prescription drug, dental and vision benefits without a waiting period
- An Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) to share in the company’s success along with an annual bonus based on overall company performance
- Paid vacation, sick and holidays
- Wellness resources, including a health mentor, health assessments, maternity management, and life care
- Relocation assistance
- Have equal access to opportunities and resources at all levels of the company. Opportunity to grow and persevere including educational reimbursement
- Diversity and inclusion training programs
- Mentorship program
- Community engagement
The Boldt Company is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. This policy applies to all employees and job applicants.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation or other assistance during the application process, please contact our Human Resources department. All qualified applicants are reassured to apply.