Develops and updates quality systems to drive continual improvement of manufacturing quality performance. Coordinates internal and external 8D’s; Keeps communication with internal customers to follow up on quality issues. Acts as a liaison for the team to communicate, implement PSA procedures, Customer quality requirements and TS16949. Maintains Plant quality metrics and perform analysis to establish actions for improvement. Participates in product transfers & new launches.
- Customer and supplier quality related activities in a manufacturing side.
- Coordinate quality inspectors.
- Drives on Customer & FTTSF Quality Metrics to the production areas.
- Takes ownership on Company wide Quality initiatives and Launch of new products.
- Starts and leads containment tasks.
- Maintains quality systems.
- Engages in supplier quality activities to support manufacturing area.
- Maintains customer quality metrics.
- Drives reduction of internal non-conformances..
- Voice of the Customer as it pertains to Customer quality issues.
- Communicates and Supports Product Safety to Production team members.
- Attend VDA Audit.
- Working knowledge of Automotive/Trucking Industry quality requirements and ISO/TS standards.
- Minimum 3+ years in a Quality Engineering or Manufacturing Engineering role.
- Solid experience in a technical field such as Quality Engineering for assembly or machining operations
- High level of energy, enthusiasm and optimism, as well as a sense of urgency.
- Capable of working in a Team environment with excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Strong problem-solving skills, Project planning and follow-up skills are essential
- Ability to build strong team relationships
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access)
- ISO/QS 9000/TS 16949/ISO14000 Internal Auditor preferred
- Experience in lean manufacturing concepts a plus
- SPC, PFMEA, and Gage R&R knowledge
- BS/BSET degree required in Manufacturing, Process, Mechanical engineering or Industrial Engineering.
- Green Belt or Black Belt certification is a plus.
- Bilingual in Spanish & English fluently.