Responsible for supervision and leading of direct reports in order to assist in the execution of establishing, implementing, and maintaining the measurements and systems to assure that raw material supply and finished products meet or exceed OSI standards, customer standards, regulatory expectations, and industry standards.
MAJOR POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES
(i.e., Policies, procedures, etc. for which you are responsible.)
- Assists Quality Assurance Manager in the development, implementation, and monitoring of the HACCP, SSOP, EV, GMP and other Quality Assurance and Food Safety programs to assure safe food handling practices, quality products, and regulatory compliance.
- Provide necessary technical resources and information to all Plant Department Managers and report all quality deviations to appropriate staff.
- Perform and/or oversee HACCP and GMP audits of the process as well as employee training in these areas as needed.
- Utilize SPC and other statistical tools to improve areas within the QA function.
- Assist in overseeing the execution of all microbiological and chemical sampling, submission to third party lab and review and reporting of results.
- Act as plant representative to USDA personnel as needed.
- Covers duties in the absence of QA Supervisor; Trains crew leader to assume supervisory position in the event of absence or promotion.
- Assist in the preparation for and execution of customer, corporate, and third party audits.
- Produce and distribute reports analyzing QA, Food Safety and Microbiological data and trends of raw materials and finished products. Provide recommendations to management where unacceptable QA or Food Safety results have been identified.
- Provide technical assistance on projects and in the execution of specialized product tests.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Food Science, Animal Science, Meat Science, Biology, or equivalent knowledge, analytical skills and communication ability acquired through working.
- 1 to 3 years relevant work experience in the food industry, preferably in meat or meat processing.
- Knowledge of SPC, HACCP, USDA regulations, GMPs, Quality Assurance, and Food Microbiology.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Work is generally performed within a manufacturing environment subjected to temperatures of cold and warm along with wearing the proper PPE, with standard office equipment available along with plant manufacturing environment.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, bend, walk, use hands or finger, talk, hear, feel objects, tools, or controls; may be required to lift up to 50 pounds. Vision abilities include close vision to a computer screen.
OSI believes all persons have the right to be treated with dignity and respect. It is the policy of OSI to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, national origin, gender, race, color, religion, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. All applicants will receive consideration for employment based on merit, qualifications and business needs. OSI participates in the E-Verify program.