SHIFT TIMES 2:00 PM TO 10:30 PM AND 10:30 PM TO 6:30 AM, NOT INCLUDING ANY OVERTIME.
PAY $31.00 PER HOUR
JOURNEYMAN LICENSE PREFERRED
This position is responsible for servicing and troubleshooting the production and support equipment within our plants; including installations, equipment movement, project support, preventive, and predictive maintenance and other duties as assigned.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Support the Company’s mission, vision, values, and goals in the performance of daily activities.
- Installs and repairs electrical systems, apparatus, and electrical components of industrial machinery and equipment.
- Installs power supply wiring and conduit for newly installed machines and equipment.
- Connects power supply wires to machines and equipment, and connects cable and wires between machines and equipment.
- Diagnoses malfunctioning apparatus such as transformers, motors, and lighting fixtures and replaces damaged or broken wires and cables.
- Tests malfunctioning machinery and discusses malfunction with other maintenance workers.
- Replaces faulty electrical components of machine such as relays, switches, and motors and positions sensing devices.
- Works from manual, prints, and schematics to rebuild, repair and install equipment.
- Runs necessary air, water and electric to equipment.
- Diagnoses problems for rebuilding and installations while ordering necessary plans.
- Performs welding and fabrication as needed.
- Performs preventative maintenance as scheduled.
- Proper and continued use of personal protective equipment and follow all safety policies while performing assigned duties. (i.e. Lock out / Tag out, confined spaces, etc)
- Maintain a positive working relationship with all levels of the organization.
- Maintain high standards of housekeeping throughout the plant.
- Adherence to all company policies and procedures (ex. Quality Policy Manual, Colleague Handbook, Level II procedures, etc.)
- High School Diploma/ GED
- Electrical certificate from college or technical school.
- Certified Journeyman or MasterElectrician
- Ability to communicate with other plant personnel to identify, diagnose, and repair equipment problems and process upsets.
- Experience with SAP, Control Logix, Allen Bradley PLC a plus
- 2-4 years of experience working in a maintenance position in a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to read weld prints and process sheets.
- Ability to effectively communicate in English (speak, read, write and understand).
- Solid organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced team environment.
- Proficient computer skills including email and familiarity with a keyboard and mouse.
- General understanding of manufacturing processes and techniques (TQM, Six Sigma, etc.)
PHYSICAL DEMANDS, WORK ENVIRONMENT AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
Duties include but are not limited to: stand, walk, twist, bend, lift, see, talk, and hear. May be required to travel. Frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts, vibration and hazardous materials.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by colleagues assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, qualifications, or working conditions.