THIS POSITION IS FOR MANN PACKING (A DEL MONTE COMPANY)
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Directs and coordinates comprehensive activities of maintenance department, comprising of 2-3 supervisors and 20 additional team members at a new state of the art food processing/ manufacturing plant. Key responsibilities include ensuring preventative maintenance systems are achieving production runtime goals, through effective leadership and process improvements. Direct as necessary activities of workers engaged in repairs, maintenance and process improvement. Provide design and installation direction for all new lines and processing equipment along with ensuring proper training for all users. Ensures compliance local, state and federal laws, rules and regulations applicable to the functions of a maintenance department.
- Directs a team to ensure all production lines are running efficiently and maintenance budget is achieved
- Directs department activities to design new products, modify existing designs, improve production techniques, and develop test procedures
- Actively participates in a leadership role working cross functionally with management, Production, R&D, Refrigeration, Purchasing, Shipping and Quality Assurance staff to determine engineering feasibility, cost effectiveness, and customer demand for new and existing products
- Forecasts operating costs of department and directs preparation of budget requests
- Advises management of new developments which may affect profit, schedule, costs, customer relations, and/or inter-departmental relations
- Enforces all company safety policies and regulations to ensure duties of self and other teams members are performed in a safe manner, including ongoing tailgate meetings with maintenance teams
- Manages plant’s compliance with company’s Risk Management Plan (RMP) and Process Safety Management (PSM), as required by county, state, and federal authorities.
- Directs training of workers to improve work performance and acquaint workers with company policies and procedures
- Manages parts room inventory stock on min/max inventory system
- Manages reliability team for all of the production packaging line improvements and justifying projects needed to improve plant efficiencies
- Manages production line that includes PM and equipment efficiencies
- Supports other businesses owned or operated by the company.
- Performs other responsibilities as assigned.
- BS degree in engineering (mechanical engineering science disciplines, preferred)
- Strong knowledge of PLC uploading and downloading of programs with basic modifications of ladder logic, troubleshooting VFDs, ability to read and understand electrical drawing/ hydraulic systems
- Familiar with manufacturing air compressors, including Atlas or similar equipment
- Strong proficiency with MS Office products (Excel, Word, etc.), AutoCAD software programs, and other computer management systems, such as SAP, JDE, etc.
- Excellent time management skills
- Effective professional and interpersonal communication skills
- English fluency required; layperson Spanish (a plus)
- RETA or similar certifications (desired)
- Six Sigma certification (desired)
- Maintenance management: 10+ years
- Food processing/manufacturing: 7+ years (a Plus)
- Management: 10 years (Preferred)
- Maintenance Mechanic: 7 years (Preferred)
DEL MONTE FRESH PRODUCE IS AN EEO/AA/V/H