Wade Financial Advisory – FINANCIAL PLANNING RESIDENCY PROGRAM
Our 2 year financial planning residency program will help the qualified candidate understand the role of a financial advisor and provide the hands on experience needed to assess the profession and determine if you want to pursue personal financial planning as a career. The resident intern will have regular interaction with our team and over the 2 year period, your responsibilities will continually increase. Should you chose to continue in the profession, you will have a solid understanding of the financial planning process, client management, and how to effectively use financial planning software.
This is a part time position that will require 15 - 20 hours per week, with the ability to accommodate your class schedule. You will be required to attend weekly meetings and complete assigned tasks in a timely and professional manner. In addition to managing and completing your assigned tasks, the candidate will look for ways to expand their knowledge and professional development. Your typical tasks will include:
- Work with Associate Advisors to create meeting agendas and assist with meeting prep.
- Update client information in the Client Relationship Management (CRM) software to properly document changes, projects, and post-meeting tasks.
- Assist with paperwork: filling out forms, gathering signatures, and managing to completion.
- Assist with various projects and firm-related initiatives.
- Participate in creating financial plans, tax projections, and other meeting materials.
- Attend client meetings, take notes, enter tasks into CRM, and assist with implementation
1. About the successful candidate:
- You are studying personal financial planning, business, finance, accounting, or a related field. - You are a self-starter, critical thinker, like solving problems, and are detail-oriented.
- You are able to manage a project, willing to seek advice when stuck, and appreciate feedback. - You are trustworthy, dependable, and understand the importance of confidentiality.
- You care about others and are able to build rapport and relationships easily.
- You have an interest in a career in the financial services; ideally in personal financial planning.
- Looking for students enrolled in or individuals that have completed the personal financial planning certificate program, students in their 2nd, 3rd or 4th year of undergraduate studies, or grad students.
- Have a strong aptitude for financial concepts, interested in personal finance, and are currently demonstrating success in school.
- You are willing and able to make a two year commitment to 15 – 20 hours per week.
Position: Part time resident intern Compensation: $20 per hour