Marketing Associate (Part-time)
WHO ARE WE?
Born from the global movement spawned by bestselling-author Eric Ries, Lean Startup Company offers the most exciting education solutions to help organizations work in new ways.
Our year-round education efforts transform how organizations work by arming them with an entrepreneurial methodology via our media, conferences and custom programs for large organizations. We serve every size company and sector of the economy — from the aspiring entrepreneur to high-growth startups, nonprofits, and large bureaucratic institutions and connect them with experts who can support them on their Lean Startup journey.
WHO ARE WE SEEKING?
The Marketing Associate will manage a range of projects and activities supporting the day to day marketing operations and initiatives of Lean Startup Co (PART TIME ROLE FOR APPROX 10-20 HOURS/WEEK). This role will work across teams and functions to streamline marketing initiatives and drive projects to completion, in service to broader organizational priorities.
The ideal candidate for this role is extremely detail oriented in planning projects, progress management, is creative and thrives in a fast-paced environment. This candidate is proactive, has an ownership and “get-things-done” mentality and is extremely solution-oriented while being open to coaching and guidance along the way. The ideal candidate is someone who has a high level of personal accountability and a willingness to take calculated risks.
Our team is small and growing, so your role matters to us and will offer significant growth.
THE POSITION IS 100% REMOTE. We ask that you're 1) LOCATED IN THE U.S. AND 2) AVAILABLE TO WORK/COMMUNICATE DURING PACIFIC TIME BUSINESS HOURS.
THIS SOUNDS LIKE A DREAM JOB! WHAT SKILL SET AND EXPERIENCE WILL DEMONSTRATE TO YOU THAT I HAVE THE CHOPS TO BE A MARKETING ASSOCIATE AT LEAN STARTUP CO.?
- YOU LOVE PROBLEM SOLVING. You love tackling big challenges and figuring things out. You don't need a lot of hand holding and aren't afraid of new things you've never tried before.
- YOU HAVE INITIATIVE AND SEE THINGS THROUGH. You know what it takes to drive a project to completion.
- MARKETING EXPERIENCE. We want someone who is pumped to join as the first marketing focused hire and is excited to test new things.
As the Marketing Associate, you will be the glue working cross-functionally across all parts of the organization on projects such as:
Marketing/Media. You'll have a large hand in helping shape the first marketing focused projects and initiatives at our company.
- Run and manage creative campaigns.
- Creating and Managing Content Calendar: Working with LSCo faculty members, customers, and the event and media teams, the marketing associate will harvest ideas for innovative content (through blog posts, podcasts, newsletters, email campaigns and social media posts) and create and manage a calendar to ensure this content gets completed in a timely manner.
- Managing Resource Library: Collaborate with writers, designers and education team to manage the production of all marketing collateral (educational one-pagers, video library, podcasts, advertisements, etc.). Oversee the completion of branding-based projects and assignments.
- Research, measure, manage and improve media efficacy.
- Measure and report marketing efforts and impact back to the team.
- Be the first face our community speaks to. Manage the company's inbox and learn how to help our community access the resources they need, whether internal or external.
Creating Project Plans, Budgets and ensuring execution
- Working across the organization, you'll create and manage project plans, budgets and ensure execution within the constraints and resources available. For example:
- Liaise between education sales team and conference sales team to help generate leads for conference sponsorships
- Attend weekly calls with conference team and assist with conference-related marketing projects as needed (e.g. website development, program guide design, marketing collateral, etc.)
YOU'LL FIT RIGHT INTO THIS ROLE AND OUR TEAM IF:
- You're curious and resourceful. You LOVE solving problems and aren't afraid to admit you're obsessed with getting the details right.
- You have a strong sense of ownership and urgency as it relates to the health of the company.
- You possess high levels of integrity, autonomy, and self-motivation.
- You are open to feedback, take ownership of your mistakes, and love applying your lessons learned to get 10x better.
- You have a keen ability to manage competing and changing priorities.
- You are assertive, fair, and capable of directing others and implementing projects with little to no supervision.
- You work well with cross-functional teams and hold yourself accountable for your actions.
Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills.
Simple, direct and clear communication style.
Minimum 2 years professional project management and marketing experience.
Experience developing detailed project plans that earned results
Superior coordination skills; able to comprehend the final product and break it down into actionable steps for team members and ability to lead and influence without authority
Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills; organizational and time management skills
Reliable, responsive and consistently meets deadlines.
Strong personal sense of professionalism, responsibility and accountability.
Strong relationship management skills and emotional intelligence.
A willingness to embrace change and to adapt new strategies on the fly.
Experience with and enjoys working remotely and collaboratively (Slack, Zoom, Trello, Google apps).
Ability to juggle and prioritize many different tasks simultaneously, and enjoys collaborating with a wide range of teams.
BONUS IF YOU HAVE:
- Previous knowledge and/or experience with the Lean Startup methodology a plus!
WHY YOU'LL LOVE WORKING WITH US
- We encourage growth.
- We seek people who want to be promoted and grow with us. You'll have significant opportunities to take on new challenges and grow your skillset.
- We encourage and support each other to practice Lean Startup methodology in our every day work.
- You can work from wherever you want in the U.S., as long as you have a working laptop and solid internet connection and are available to communicate during Pacific Time business hours.
- We're a 100% remote team using fun collaborative tools.
- We encourage unplugging and prefer you don't check email while you're off the clock.
- Big impact.
- If you've ever wanted to be in the middle of a legacy-making organization, this position is for you. The work we do will go down in history as powerfully transformative.
- We are a startup with global brand recognition headquartered in San Francisco, CA. Our global community will give you a front row seat to the challenges they're facing around innovation. Better yet, you get to help them solve their problems.