Smartronix, Inc., is an information technology and engineering solutions provider specializing in Cloud Computing, Cyber Security, Health IT, Network Operations, and Mission-Focused Engineering. Smartronix is now seeking a Senior Programmer to work on the Sensor Shadow program team. The Senior Programmer develops operations solutions under limited managerial direction, collaborating with program team members by guiding development of program specifications; overseeing testing efforts; leading programmers in web/application development support including working in concert with 35IS users and system administrative managers, to maintain and enhance applications software, data and database management software, and data required to support 35IS user requirements, across five (5) domains (NIPRNET, SIPRNET, JWICS, STONEGHOST, standalone research and training network). Systems supported will include, but are not limited to, Web Enabled Threat Analysis and Reporting Service (WebTARS) and Threat Analytics and Threat Exploitation (TATE), CMS, CIAS, SLIM and El Dorado as well as a Microsoft SQL database. Must coordinate and communicate internal reviews to produce high quality deliverables to client.
Enhance applications software, data and database management software, and data required to support 35IS user requirements, across five (5) domains (NIPRNET, SIPRNET, JWICS, STONEGHOST, standalone research and training network). The software applications include, but are not limited to WebTARS, TATE, CMS, CIAS, SLIM, VMware vCenter, VMware ESXi, KVM, CentOS, RHEL, Ubuntu, Windows Server/Desktop, IIS, SQL, WSUS, Visual Studio, SendMail, Analyst’s Notebook, Symantec/McAfee AV, Cisco ASA, Cisco IOS, Cisco NX-OS, NetApp Data OnTap, Nutanix Prism/Acropolis, EMC Avamar, Splunk, AVID, Twister, SPURS, ArcGIS, Stinger, Accumulo Hadoop, SOLR, Talos, BlackForest, SAP Hana, SpiderSense, MongoDB, Nemesys, HP Vertica, Lynxeon, Bro, cPacket, CLAD, SpaceWalk, and Zabbix. #CJPOST
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING:
- Analyzing Information, problem solving, and attention to detail.
- Software Design, Software Debugging, Software Development Fundamentals, C++, Software Documentation, Software Testing, Software Maintenance, Software Algorithm Design, Software Performance Tuning, Software Architecture.
- Assist in supporting 10 Café-related applications/tools, indexing software (SOLR), Accumulo Hadoop, and MongoDB.
- Support the 35IS system administrative managers in defining requirements to develop, modify, or enhance analytic tools, utilities or databases (relational, object oriented, expert, artificial intelligence, or a combination thereof) to enhance, access, view, manipulate, add, modify, or delete data to satisfy analytic requirements.
- Perform webmaster functions for networks, network interface devices, servers, data storage, clients and other network hosts including, but not limited to Network Appliance (NetApp), Avamar, Sun Microsystems, and Dell appliances and equipment.
- Develops and maintains applications and databases by evaluating client needs; analyzing requirements; developing software systems.
- Identifies requirements by establishing personal rapport with potential and actual clients and with other persons in a position to understand service requirements.
- Arranges project requirements in programming sequence by analyzing requirements; preparing a work flow chart and diagram using knowledge of computer capabilities, subject matter, programming language, and logic.
- Programs computers by encoding project requirements in computer language.
- Confirms program operation by conducting tests; modifying program sequence and/or codes.
- Develop, manage and administer 35IS websites and SharePoint sites to include; web content development; on-site training; e-mail and phone support to worldwide users and web-based applications and databases.
- Support commercial Internet Service Provider (ISP) access points at and through off-site facilities in support of various research and test network (RTN) requirements.
- Develop and maintain life cycle management documentation for all systems managed to include, but is not limited to: Software Requirements Specification, Software User Manual, Software Design Description, Software Test Plan, Software Version Description, Database Design Description (DBDD), Software Test Plan, and documents defined in the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) Risk Management Framework (Security Assessment and Authorization).
- Expertise in database design, development, operations and maintenance (O&M) including software upgrades, systems administration and documentation. Database development and administration tasks include, but are not limited to database design and documentation, inbound and outbound data flow processing with extract, transform and load (ETL) functions (e.g. RetrievalWare based 'Web Crawlers', libraries, indexes) patch maintenance and management.
- The contractor shall possess expertise in a variety of commercial database development and administration technologies including, but not limited to: RetrievalWare; Structure Query Language (SQL), Oracle Relational Database Management System (RDBMS); MS SQL Server, and Apache Lucene/SOLR.
- Broad knowledge of the government contracting market, customers and competitors.
- Advanced teaming, problem-solving and time management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (both functional and technical)
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office products; (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project and Visio)
- BA, BS degree from an accredited university. Will consider experience in-lieu of degree
- Minimum seven years of work experience in Department of Defense contracts, particularly Air Force.
- Minimum five years of experience working software development that meets DoD and Air Force specifications and security requirements.
- 01 IAT II Certification with CE’s
- Must have a DoD clearance at the Top Secret level clearance with SCI eligibility
- Must be able to work in the United States on an on-going basis without requiring corporate sponsorship