Johnson, Mirmiran & Thompson is a dynamic, 100% employee-owned consulting firm of more than 1,600 professionals that provides a full range of multi-disciplined engineering, architecture, information technology, and related services to public agencies and private clients throughout the United States. JMT, currently ranked #54 on Engineering News-Record’s list of the Top 500 Design Firms.
JMT is seeking a Water Resources Design Engineer to join the York Water Resources group. The Design Engineer will perform aspects of water resources engineering under the supervision of a registered professional engineer.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Delineate drainage areas
- Design and analysis of stormwater management practices
- Perform Hydrologic and Hydraulic analysis
- Develop Erosion and Sediment Control plans
- Inspection and assessment of constructed stormwater management practices
- Complete permit applications for state and local agencies
- Utilize general engineering principles and practices daily
- Develop construction cost estimates
- Assist in the preparation of engineering documents for advertisement and construction
- Coordinate with internal team members to ensure project completion by the defined deadline and established quality
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Bachelor of Science in Civil or Environmental Engineering with emphasis in Water Resources
- 0-2 years of experience in Water Resources Engineering
- Registration for upcoming Fundamentals of Engineering (FE/EIT) Exam or successful completion of the exam
- Hydrologic Modeling experience using TR55 / TR20 and Rational Methodologies preferred
- Hydraulic Modeling experience using HEC-RAS and/or HY-8 preferred
- Water Resources engineering design experience in Pennsylvania preferred
- Internship in Water Resources preferred
- Stormwater Management design experience preferred
- Erosion and Sediment Control design experience preferred
- Green Stormwater Infrastructure design experience preferred
- Storm Drain design experience preferred
- Experience with Microstation and/or AutoCAD preferred
- Confined Space and Fall protection training preferred
Work is performed within a general office environment 75% of the time. Work is generally sedentary in nature but may require occasional standing and walking. Lighting and temperature are adequate and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc. within the office environment.
Field work is required on occasion where work may be conducted outside in heat/cold, wet/humid, and dry/arid conditions. Some lifting (up to 25 lbs) may be required as needed.
Applicant will need a valid driver license and mode of transportation to occasionally conduct site visits, field investigations, or inspections.
- Analytical Thinking
- Creativity and Innovation
- Job Proficiency
- Planning and Organizing/Time Management
JMT is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity, and we are proud to be building an inclusive and diverse workforce.