OAKLAND, FULL-TIME, HOURLY
We seek a skilled relationship builder and salesperson who loves customer conversations, evangelizing brands, and who is passionate about helping clients transition out of financial distress.
As an Account Executive at LendStreet, you will be responsible for generating meaningful pipeline by driving interest with prospective borrowers and turning them into happy Lendstreet clients. You'll proactively consult with prospective clients over the phone and through email to uncover their debt situation, understand their financial challenges, and drive loan application submissions. As a major driver of revenue growth within the organization, your success will be directly responsible for LendStreet's business growth.
This is a full-time, hourly position for a Monday- Friday for a 7am-3:30pm role.
IN THE ROLE:
- You will develop new relationships and business, working with clients from their initial evaluation to close, keeping in touch with them throughout the loan process and sales cycle (including application intakes, approval walk throughs, account verifications, and application follow ups)
- You will follow up with potential borrowers to encourage them to complete a LendStreet loan application. Confirm that the application has been submitted successfully and serve as the liaison between the borrower and Loan Servicing
- Based on their inquiries (online or through customer service), you will take a consultative approach to client interactions, talking with prospective clients and explaining the benefits of working with LendStreet (compared to other financing sources), and educating clients on the terms and conditions of their loan to ensure a clear understanding
- Serve as primary point of contact for our Spanish speaking clients
YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- 3+ years of relevant work experience in phone sales or customer support in a Financial Services or Fintech company
- Excellent consultative selling skills with proven success in proactively engaging new clients through email and phone, closing warm leads, and generating happy clients
- Demonstrates initiative, a sense of urgency, and a passion for winning
- A team-player attitude with a desire to improve internal processes beyond your day-to-day tasks and a willingness to roll up your sleeves and dig in to help drive our business forward
- Availability for a 7am shift start, Monday-Friday, and the occasional Saturday 10am- 2pm shift is preferred.
We have a simple mission - help people get out of debt, rebuild their credit, and get a fresh start. By leveraging our technology, data, and financial expertise, we are able to create innovative and transparent solutions that help clients settle delinquent debt, reduce creditor losses, and yield high returns for our investors.
We're a growing fintech startup with a history of delivering innovative solutions. We are a lean team of motivated individuals that lean in to support one another and get the job done. We face challenges together and we win together. We are active learners, take pride in our positive impact on the world, and do great work to move our company in the right direction and help our clients towards a debt free life. And together, we deliver world-class solutions that are transforming the debt settlement space.
Yes, our benefits are great but we hope you want to work at LendStreet because you believe in our mission and want to have a major role in delivering on it!
- Competitive compensation
- Equity in an early stage startup committed to growing sustainably and reaching profitability
- Healthcare benefits (medical, dental, and vision insurance plus FSAs and commuter benefits)
- A beautiful and sunny Downtown Oakland office located within walking distance to BART
- Fully stocked snack pantry: Your favorite snack on hand to fuel your best work.
- Time Away: Our 3 1/2 weeks of vacation time off policy plus sick days encourages employees to replenish their energy when they need it. We encourage you to take vacation when needed. In addition, we offer 11 paid holidays per year.
- Diversity and Inclusion are more than just words for us. Our commitment to inclusion across gender, race, ethnicities, sexual orientation, educational background, religion, ability, socioeconomic background, immigration statuses, and experiences drives us forward every day. We foster an open, tolerant, and constructive work environment with a team consisting of diverse views and backgrounds.
LendStreet is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire and promote will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We encourage all interested applicants to apply.
We look forward to learning about you.