Position Title: Buyer 1-2
Reports To: Regional Category Manager
Date Last Revised: March 03, 2020
Want to help shape tomorrow? At Bendix we’ve been doing it for 90 years…setting the standard with advanced dynamic solutions that drive improved commercial vehicle performance and safety. We’re part of the Knorr-Bremse Group, the global leader in braking technologies. As part of our team, you’ll collaborate with a world of talented and dedicated colleagues whose sense of purpose complements your own. You’ll find rewarding opportunities, diverse experiences, partnerships, and an unwavering commitment to ethics and integrity. Innovation is part of our DNA. Achievement drives our culture. Learn more today! www.bendix.com/careers
Manage the Supply base to meet the strategic objectives of Global Purchasing Excellence (GPE) and the needs of the Customer (Internal / External), Product Business Team’s (PBT’s) and Manufacturing – in terms of Quality, Cost, Delivery, and commercial terms. Responsible for assigned commodity(s) as well as related sourcing strategies, cost reduction matters, and supplier relationships.
- Develop, implement and manage commodity strategy; evaluate and select suppliers, including global opportunities, negotiation of supply agreements and rationalization of the current supply base.
- Develop and execute cost reduction and productivity initiatives directly aligned with commodity strategy; execute cost reduction programs including project management of supplier transitions.
- Drive continuous improvement in the supply chain in support of business goals utilizing long-term agreements and value engineering.
- Develop and implement actions to achieve supply chain management goals for commodity: 0 PPM, 100% delivery performance, productivity.
- Support and/or lead supplier quality improvement programs related to managed commodity.
- Develop and manage strategic supplier relationships while supporting Bendix / KB supply chain strategies and leveraging global synergies.
- Provide support to plants for strategic and supplier performance issues.
- Knows and applies concepts, practices and procedures of supply base management methodologies.
- Understands concepts of production control, material planning, and MRP.
- Possess sound knowledge of acquisition regulations.
- Possesses solid knowledge regarding the legal requirements associated with purchasing goods and services both domestic and international.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Business, Supply Chain Management or Engineering degree preferred.
- CPM / CPIM a plus.
- Green Belt certification preferred.
- Exposure to a global matrix organization while assisting to drive superior results.
- Exhibits eagerness to acquire leadership skills with ability to motivate oneself and foster individual professional development.
- Strong problem-solving skills, including active listening, identifying the issue, and driving solutions.
- Strong ability to multitask, quickly pivot, be target-oriented, with high attention to detail.
- Highly results driven with the ability to demonstrate supplier improvement and implement cost reduction programs.
- Self-starter, possessing a high degree of self-motivation, creative in nature with the ability to think outside of the box while remaining one step ahead of the problem.
- Demonstrated project management skills that include utilizing an organized approach, setting priorities, identifying risks and opportunities, managing resources, milestones, and costs in a matrix/cross-functional organization.
- Highly organized with the ability to prioritize exceptionally well.
- Strong communication skills, interpersonal and intercultural sensitivity with the ability to work across all Knorr-Bremse regions and locations.
- Flexible to changes in a fast-paced environment.
- Developing negotiation skills.
- Minimum 3-5 years of previous tactical and strategic experience as a Buyer or purchasing representative. Manufacturing based industry preferred. Tactical/Strategic
- Experience in global purchasing organization with usage of ERP, SAP preferred.
- Experience utilizing multiple approaches to achieve cost reduction, participated/lead negotiations, design changes, and joint supplier programs
- Understanding of tooling concepts preferred.
WHAT DOES BENDIX HAVE TO OFFER YOU?
- Work/life balance that includes Paid Vacation & Holiday Paid Time Off
- 401k Plan with Company matching
- Retirement Savings Plan
- Educational Assistance Program (Tuition Reimbursement)
- Wellness Program and incentives
- Telework policy
- On-Site Fitness Center
- On-Site Cafeteria with Healthy menu options
- Health and Welfare Insurance Benefits that start on your 1st day of employment:
- Company-Paid Benefits:
- Basic Life Insurance
- Basic Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Business Travel Accident Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Voluntary Employee-Paid Benefits:
- Medical and Prescription insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Supplemental Life Insurance Plans
- Supplemental AD&D insurance for Employee and Family
- Long Term Disability
- Accident Plan
- Critical Illness Plan
- Hospital Indemnity Plan