HOW WILL YOUR ROLE IMPACT FIRST COMMAND?
The Advisor Compensation Associate is responsible for the review and processing of gross dealer commission revenue and advisor commission expense and recognition. The associate must demonstrate a high degree of accuracy, timeliness and must be very detailed oriented. This position works closely with our advisor sales force, multiple external business partners and other internal departments. Advisor commissions include over fifteen financial services products from our multiple business partners. These responsibilities must be performed in accordance with advisor agreements, statements of policy and contracts.
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING?
- Must maintain detailed knowledge of the Agreements between First Command and our business partners.
- Review and process commission revenue from multiple business partners and ensure accuracy and completeness according to the agreement and dealer commission schedules.
- Research and resolve discrepancies between actual and expected cash receipts and revenue data from the assigned companies.
- Reconcile and prepare a monthly report of cash receipts for recording revenue in the correct general ledger accounts.
- Must maintain detailed knowledge of the Advisor Agreement, its Annexes and all Statements of Policy regarding our advisor compensation and recognition plans.
- Research and resolve discrepancies occuring with commissions and recognition transactions using various First Command data base systems and Web Sites for our various insurance and investment companies.
- Must participate on a rotational phone line and email inbox in order to assist advisors with questions regarding SOPs, agreements, compensation schedules and discrepancies with their commissions or recognition.
- Must be able to communicate clearly with advisors, insurance and mutual fund companies, and other company departments both verbally and in written form in order to resolve revenue, and advisor commission and recognition discrepancies.
- Must maintain detailed knowledge of all commission incentive plans.
- Must maintain advisor information such as addresses, office and district assignments, advisor types and hierarchies in various systems.
- Must participate in commission system projects when required. This may involve business user requirements documentation, participating in meetings, creating test case scenarios, assisting with detail testing of new system code, functionality and reporting.
- Must be able to communicate clearly with the Business Information Services (BIS) department regarding system issues, recurring reporting needs
- Other duties as assigned
WHAT SKILLS/QUALIFICATIONS DO YOU NEED?
- 1-2 years of College (previous work experience will be considered)
- Minimum 1-year office experience
- Customer service experience
- Must have basic skills in Microsoft Products
- Basic Skills in Microsoft Access, preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Must possess strong mathematical and analytical skills
- Must have the ability to manage multiple system applications
- Must be detail-oriented
- Must be a self-starter requiring minimum supervision
- Must be able to use sound judgment in prioritizing tasks and scheduling hours in order to meet established deadlines
- Must use sound judgment in handling confidential information
- Must be able to handle stressful time schedules and situations
- Must be able to work mandatory overtime during peak times and on projects as required
- Must be adaptable to change
- Must be a team player
- Must have a positive attitude
- Must take ownership of responsibilities
- Must maintain an overall professional demeanor and embodiment of corporate core values