Want to help shape tomorrow? At Bendix we’ve been doing it for nearly 90 years …setting the standard with advanced dynamic solutions that drive improved commercial vehicle performance and safety. We’re part of the Knorr-Bremse Group, the global leader in braking technologies. As part of our team, you’ll collaborate with a world of talented and dedicated colleagues whose sense of purpose complements your own. You’ll find rewarding opportunities, diverse experiences, partnerships, and an unwavering commitment to ethics and integrity. Innovation is part of our DNA. Achievement drives our culture. Learn more today! www.bendix.com/careers
This position is responsible for engineering pneumatic, electro pneumatic, and mechatronic valves used in the Pneumatic Valves product line. Technical responsibilities include analysis and implementation of design changes for cost reductions and product improvements; concept prototyping; validation of products to support supplier transitions; release of new variants to support customer projects; technical product evaluations; creation and maintenance of product requirements, DFMEAs, specifications, test plans, and drawings.
- Engineering of pneumatic valves and portions of mechatronic valve systems, working with designers and technicians to conduct engineering based on product requirements.
- Create test plans based on product requirements, oversee testing, interpret results and document testing in DVP&R.
- Author design specifications, product specifications, component drawings and test specifications.
- Author and update DFMEAs (including linkage activity of S/C’s and C/C’s – critical characteristics) and other safety-related analyses.
- Interface with advanced manufacturing engineers, quality engineering, and plant engineering to implement needed modifications to plant assembly lines and test procedures.
- Interface with plant quality to support the IPA and PPAP processes.
- Support regularly scheduled telecons with OEM customers.
- Implement design improvements to existing products, including VAVE, improvements to manufacturability and robustness, and development of new customer applications.
- Analysis of End-Of-Line rejects and warranty returns; synthesis and implementation of solutions.
- Learn valve design techniques from current experts, capture knowledge and create documentation to maintain Bendix valve design knowledge base.
- Perform basic project management tasks - maintain project status and milestones; report out to management; anticipate workload, potential delays, potential problems.
- The individual will display and further develop an area of technical expertise, to be used as a “go-to” person within the engineering department for that technology or technique.
- This position includes some travel to work with engineering teams at Bendix customers.
- This position includes some travel to Bendix production facilities in Mexico.
- This position includes some travel to Knorr Bremse engineering facilities in Germany.
- Knowledge of vehicle braking systems preferred.
- Knowledge of IATF16949preferred.
- Knowledge of Bendix / Knorr production processes and design practices preferred.
- 3 years of experience in a structured engineering environment required, IATF16949 experience preferred.
- Direct experience in production facilities is preferred
- Exposure to automated testing and results analysis preferred
- Product development and launch experience preferred, including: development of specifications, DFMEAs, and DVP&Rs, basic exposure to and interface with PPAP process; Interfacing with manufacturing engineers
- Engineering change processes understanding is required; CAD and PLM tools and design documentation including creation and/or checking of drawings
- Validation testing including mechanical, electrical, and climatic environments
- Current product support, including: statistical analysis of production data, design of experiments, component failure analysis, and maintenance of specifications, drawings, and BOMs.
- Design of mechanical components preferred, particularly injection molded plastic
- GD&T and stack-up analysis experience. GD&T certification preferred.
- Experience with mechatronic or electromechanical devices is preferred. Direct experience with Bendix electromechanical / mechatronic valves is preferred
- Green Belt certification is a plus
- Familiar with common engineering administrative tools (ERP – SAP, Team Center, CAD)
- Effective communicating with customers.
- Self-starter / self-motivating.
- Capable of multi-tasking and adapting to changing priorities.
- Strong problem-solving skills using Six Sigma methodologies.
- Solid analytical skills.
- Good organizational skills, capable of maintaining schedules and communicating progress to management
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronic Engineering, or a similar field is required.
WHAT DOES BENDIX HAVE TO OFFER YOU?
- Work/life balance that includes Paid Vacation & Holiday Paid Time Off
- 401k Plan with Company matching
- Retirement Savings Plan
- Educational Assistance Program (Tuition Reimbursement)
- Wellness Program and incentives
- On-Site Fitness Center
- On-Site Cafeteria with Healthy menu options
- Health and Welfare Insurance Benefits that start on your 1st day of employment:
- Company-Paid Benefits:
- Basic Life Insurance
- Basic Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Business Travel Accident Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Voluntary Employee-Paid Benefits:
- Medical and Prescription insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Supplemental Life Insurance Plans
- Supplemental AD&D insurance for Employee and Family
- Long Term Disability
- Accident Plan
- Critical Illness Plan
- Hospital Indemnity Plan
The demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.