Position: Program Supervisor
Program: Housing Navigation
Department: Children Youth and Family Services
Reports to: Director of Programs
Compensation: $62,000 Annually
Status: 100%, Full Time, Exempt, Management
Probation: 180 days
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision; also including Life Insurance, Long-Term Disability, Employee Assistance Program, and a 403(b) Retirement Plan
Building a world where LGBT people thrive as healthy, equal, and complete members of society.
Respect ~ Excellence ~ Inclusiveness ~ Innovation ~ Integrity
DEPARTMENT SUMMARY: The Youth Center serves youth up to the age of 24 who are currently at-risk of or experiencing homelessness. The Youth Center offers services in an LGBTQ+ safe and affirming environment and serves as an entry point to assist youth making the transition from homelessness to housing. Our services include meals, clothing, support groups, a charter high school, GED and college prep program, an employment preparation, training and placement program, case management, counseling, a crisis shelter and a transitional living program (TLP). Our community-based programs include services for youth at-home, in school or in systems of care.
JOB SUMMARY: Under the supervision of the Director of Programs, the Program Supervisor will be responsible for the day to day operations of the Rapid Rehousing program including overall training and supervision of staff and developing systems to insure operations of the program.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1) Supervise the Rapid Rehousing team and all program activities;
2) Oversee and ensure the coordination of all activities, services, and financial assistance are in line with the Rapid Rehousing Scope of Work and CES policies and procedures;
3) Recruit, orient, train, supervise, schedule and coordinate staff, interns and volunteers; ensure that staff, interns and volunteers have working knowledge of the policies and procedures of the department; communicate consistently and effectively with all staff regarding all policies and procedures;
4) Develop and maintain a supervisory system that includes preparing monthly work schedules, staff call-in log, regular staff meetings, regular one-on-one meetings, a training program, performance documentation, and personnel files;
5) Develop and maintain systems to insure operational efficacy of Rapid Rehousing program; maintain adequate supplies and resources; supervise and coordinate maintenance of the program space and vehicles;
6) Be on call at and during specific scheduled times in case of crises situations that may occur;
7) Develop reporting systems to meet program and grant needs and compile monthly reports as required;
8) Collaborate with outside community based LGBT, youth, and homeless services organizations to meet the needs of program participants;
9) Facilitate and participate in staff meetings, planning meetings and other meetings as needed;
10) Other duties as assigned;
JOB QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
1) Knowledge of or experience working with the LGBTQ community and familiarity with issues of particular relevance to LGBTQ people;
2) A passion for the Center’s work and its mission to make the world a better place for LGBTQ people;
3) A minimum of 3 years’ experience in social service, preferably within the coordinated entry system;
4) 1-2 years of direct supervisory experience preferably in social services or a related field;
5) Sensitive to the needs of gay, lesbian, bi-sexual, transgendered, homeless, and substance using youth;
6) Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including strong organizational, detail and interpersonal skills;
7) Computer skills and knowledge including word processing, database operations, spreadsheets, and other software systems;
8) Bilingual skills, a plus (English/Spanish fluency preferred);
9) Current CPR Certificate;
10) Able to work evenings, weekends, and on-call hours;
11) Access to reliable transportation and the ability to be insured;
12) Demonstrated ability to work effectively with people of diverse races, ethnicities, nationalities, sexual orientations, gender identities, gender expression, socio-economic backgrounds, religions, ages, English-speaking abilities, immigration status, and physical abilities in a multicultural environment.
The Los Angeles LGBT Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to fostering diversity within its staff. Applications are encouraged from all persons regardless of their race, color, ancestry, religious creed, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, medical/physical/mental condition, pregnancy/childbirth and related medical condition, age, marital status, or veteran status.