Lovevery is one of the fastest growing digitally native brands in the country, cofounded by successful serial entrepreneurs and based in Boise, Idaho. Taking a science-based approach, Lovevery products have won awards from Red Dot, Parents' Choice, and NAPPA. TIME Magazine named The Play Kits subscription offering as one of the Best Inventions of 2018. Our customers are parents, and our mission is to help them feel confident they are giving their children meaningful development experiences in the critical early years of life.
We are looking for an Assistant Controller to direct and manage the day to day accounting operations to ensure the accuracy of Lovevery's financial records and maintain/document internal controls over financial reporting, as well as ensure the custody of company assets, the integrity of the accounting systems and processes, and evaluate standards to minimize business and financial risk. The ideal candidate will be resourceful and adaptable, as well as able to maintain a high degree of flexibility. Must be able to succeed in a team based, collaborative culture where open communication, prudent risk taking and idea generation from all levels are encouraged and rewarded as part of the pursuit of corporate results. Must have the ability to establish credibility and be decisive, while at the same time recognizing and supporting company initiatives and priorities. This role will report to the Controller and will be based at Lovevery HQ in Boise, Idaho.
- Competitive salary, benefits, and stock options package
- Responsibility for overseeing timely and accurate transactional accounting processes including accounts receivable, cash receipts, accounts payable, inventory, fixed assets, lease accounting and intercompany transactions
- Ensure appropriate accounting treatment is applied to all relevant areas including revenue recognition, vendor funding, and internally developed software, as well as compiling the appropriate support for critical accounting estimates
- Identify and evaluate opportunities to improve accounting process, internal controls over financial reporting and information systems
- Oversee the company's corporate credit card program and support time and expense reimbursements
- Manage the financial accounting systems underlying key financial information
- Complete monthly financial statements in accordance with GAAP
- Provide accounting and controls support for key business initiatives
- Partner with FP&A to understand and document variances to forecast and plan. Identify and resolve unusual items as needed and communicate financial risk early and often to ensure potential impacts are properly considered by Finance
- Coordinate legal review of contracts/agreements, assess legal exposure and maintain repository of all company contracts
- Communicate with key stakeholders, vendors and landlords
QUALIFICATIONS AND ATTRIBUTES
- A minimum of 3 years of progressive work experience in accounting/finance roles is required, with at least 2 of those years in a leadership role.
- Public accounting experience (Big 4 desirable but not required)
- Must possess strong project management, strategic thinking and problem solving skills and be highly organized and detail oriented. Plus have a strong work ethic with high personal initiative.
- Strong communication and writing skills - document key accounting positions, procedures, or update communications to key stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to think creatively, provide innovative solutions and develop business opportunities within the boundaries of prudent risk
- CPA designation desired
- Extensive knowledge of accounting and finance
- Self-disciplined and motivated in an unstructured environment that requires flexibility, creativity and humble hustle
Bachelor's in Accounting required. MBA or Masters degree is a plus; please provide GPA and other indicators of academic performance in your resume; preference for candidates who attended rigorous academic programs