Latham & Watkins, a global law firm consistently ranked among the top firms in the world, is currently seeking a Technology Support Specialist II to join our winning team, located in Costa Mesa. The success of our firm is largely determined by our commitment to hire and develop the very best and brightest, creating a team that provides our clients with the highest quality of work and service. We are driven by our core values: respect, innovation and collaboration.
The Technology Support Specialist II will receive a generous total compensation package. Bonuses are awarded in recognition of individual and firm performance. Eligible employees can participate in Latham’s comprehensive benefit program including healthcare, life and disability insurance, flexible spending accounts, a 401k plan, and more! In addition, employees receive 10 paid holidays per year, and a PTO program that accrues 23 days during the first year of employment and grows with tenure.
As a Technology Support Specialist II at Latham, you will provide support to the office by resolving desktop, notebook, and remote computing issues. You will be responsible for installation, maintenance and troubleshooting of Firm PC and notebook computer hardware and software, while accomplishing these and other critical functions:
- Providing support and maintenance to desktops and notebook computers, peripherals and customer related services. Also providing support to printers, Multi-Functional Devices (MFDs), and PDAs including configuring and troubleshooting.
- Providing assistance to end users for firm-approved applications using a variety of different methods. Applications include: Microsoft Office, iManage, Litera ChangePro, Payne Metadata Assistant, InTapp Time, Remote Desktop Services, VPN, and other applications as deemed necessary.
- Maintaining an inventory of PC hardware equipment and software programs. Providing relocation of computer setups as needed.
- Troubleshooting and resolving problems involving hardware, operating systems, and applications. Troubleshooting a variety of symptoms in order to diagnose the actual problem.
- Setting up and configuring desktop and notebook computers and printers, initializing and stabilizing performance.
- Meeting and coordinating with other local Technology department members on product installation, training, and support.
- Configuring and installing hardware components and software in desktop and notebook.
- Providing end-user support by answering the help desk line and mailbox. Tracking help calls and solutions by creating ServiceNow tickets, and notifying team members when taking and completing an open request.
- May demonstrate the operations of software to end users.
- Keeping abreast of new technologies; reviewing appropriate periodicals and journals; may work with Global Technology Staff in assessing training and development needs.
- Utilizing System Configuration Manager console to deploy software packages and updates to end users’ workstations.
- Responding to application and document problems both remotely and in person.
- Setting up conference rooms to use technology services (e.g. presentations, network connections, and audio/visual elements).
- Coordinating with other areas / departments of the Firm where overlap exists to develop efficient procedures / communications to stream-line processes and satisfy various department needs.
- Assisting with special projects on various issues as needed.
- Promoting effective work practices, working as a team member, and showing respect for co- workers.
A High School diploma is required, with a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information Systems preferred. Three (3) years of technology support experience with PC hardware/software and two (2) years of related experience working with notebook computers is desired. The Specialist should have experience working with remote communications hardware and experience with installations and upgrades. He or she must have knowledge in a wide variety of software programs, including Windows 7, Windows 10, Microsoft Office 2010 or later, and iManage/Interwoven.
Latham & Watkins is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our commitment to diversity, equal opportunity and sustainability enables Latham & Watkins to draw from a remarkable wealth of talent to create one of the world's leading law firms.
For information regarding family care and medical leave (CFRA), click here.