MKTG, part of the Dentsu Aegis Network, is a global creative agency comprised of pioneers and practitioners of
lifestyle marketing. We specialize in delivering strategic, business-oriented marketing solutions for leading brands via sport and entertainment, live experiences, retail marketing, enterprise/b-to-b engagement and sponsorship marketing. We are committed to constantly evolving, refining and inventing innovative brand engagements through deeper understanding of how people think, work and live their lives. Headquartered in NYC, we have 1,450 employees and 7,000 Brand Ambassadors operating in 31 offices globally, with reach in 19 markets across the
Americas, EMEA and APAC. Visit www.mktg.com for more information.
MKTG Bartenders are Diageo brand enthusiasts that educate consumers on Diageo Brands during on premise and experiential special events. They must be able to deliver a unique cocktail experience, and help consumers make informed brand decisions. They are expected to interact and actively engage consumers, with the end goal of reinforcing and/or increasing brand awareness.
This position is an Occasional Employment Position. Being hired as a Bartender does not guarantee that the employee will be assigned to any particular quantity of assignments. Bartenders must sign-off on all required forms and must adhere to all MKTG Policies & Procedures and the NA Diageo Marketing Code.
- Follow and adhere to our responsible server guidelines and ensure not to over-serve guests
- Prepare, mix and serve drinks and beverages correctly to either customers directly through serving staff
- Actively engage and educate consumers at the point of experience, purchase and consumption
- Check identification of customers to verify they are of legal drinking age
- Take orders from serving staff or directly from customers
- Prepare and serve alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks in accordance with standard recipes
- Peel, slice and pit fruit for garnishing drinks.
- Mix and garnish cocktails according to standard specs
- Respond promptly to requests from customers in a polite and professional fashion
- Attempt to limit problems related to customers' excessive drinking by following established procedures
- Arrange glasses and bottles into attractive and functional displays
- Ensure clean glasses, bar equipment and working areas
- Comply with all health, safety and hygiene standards and policies
- Monitor inventory
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma preferred
- Minimum age requirement of 21 years
- Working knowledge of unique drink recipes
- Working knowledge of spirits, wine and beer
- Understanding of classes of alcohol, different glasses, brand names and garnishes
- Working knowledge of bar equipment
- Knowledge and education in mixology
- Able to work flexible schedules
- Able to work in a standing position for long periods
- Be able to reach and bend and frequently lift up to 30 pounds
- Outgoing Brand Knowledge and Personification of the Brand
- Approachable and able to engage consumers
- Reliable and punctual.
- Able to stand/walk for extended periods of time
- Able to carry heavy trays, boxes, objects
- Able to maintain a pleasant disposition under stress
- Satisfy consumer appeal and client marketing requirement