Rust-Oleum Corporation has an open position for a Team Leader in the Filling department of its production facility in Williamsport, MD. The primary result expected from the Team Leader will be to supervise a portion of the department to ensure the manufacturing of paint and related products by directing and coordinating the daily activities under the guidance of the shift supervisor, executing the shift production work schedule as dictated via the production plan, and maintaining a safe, efficient, and organized working environment while providing training requirements and leadership/guidance to all department shift personnel.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Enforce health and safety regulations.
- Train and mentor associates in the department.
- Schedule resources to insure production objective are achieved.
- Direct and coordinate the activities of employees engaged in the production or processing of goods, such as inspectors, machine setters, and fabricators.
- Read, analyze and or generate charts, work orders, production schedules, and other records and data as it relates to production.
- Confer with off shift counterparts, supervisors, managers, and others to coordinate operations and activities within or between departments.
- Plan and establish work schedules, assignments, and production sequences to meet production goals.
- Support and coordinate PM and CIL activities with the maintenance team.
- Initiate and participate in root cause investigations.
- Inspect materials, products, or equipment to detect defects or malfunctions.
- Demonstrate equipment operations and work and safety procedures to new employees, or assign employees to experienced workers for training.
- Observe work and monitor all indicators to ensure that operators conform to production or processing standards.
- Confer with management or subordinates to resolve worker problems, complaints, or grievances.
- Operate production and ancillary equipment as needed.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Ability to read and fully understand batch cards and instructions to effectively communicate directions to other associates.
- 3-5 years of experience in manufacturing/chemical processing environment.
- Ability to lead diverse group of associates and work well with peer groups
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Strong computer skills
- Knowledge of industrial safety regulations
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude
ADDITIONAL CONSIDERATION GIVEN TO THOSE WITH:
- Continuous improvement and lean manufacturing knowledge or experience
- Exposure to quality programs
- Paint/Coatings/chemical industry knowledge or experience