ALAMO HOSPICE, a member of the Hospice Partners of America family, is seeking an outstanding Executive Director for a position in our COLLEGE STATION, TEXAS territory.
The Executive Director:
- Participates in operational planning and budgeting.
- Ensures that care is provided in accordance with Medicare, Medicaid, Federal and state guidelines. Ensures that all direct care clinical staff are assigned appropriately.
- Monitors business operations to insure financial stability.
- Monitors operational progress toward accomplishing operational and strategic goals.
- Establishes and maintains effective, open channels of communication.
- Fosters a no-blame culture that encourages reporting of safety and quality of services issues.
- Ensures adequate and appropriate staffing and staff supervision.
- Ensures complete, appropriate and adequate staff development, including orientation, in-service, continuing education, competency testing and quality assessment performance improvement.
- Responsible for the management of the hospice program in matters of clinical operation.
- Demonstrates exceptional service to patients, families, referral sources, co-workers and other customers.
- Assists team members as needed to ensure that this level of service is consistently provided.
- Active participant in receiving case referrals.
- Reviews available patient information related to case, including home visits, to determine hospice/home care needs.
- Assigns appropriate hospice personnel to case as needed.
- Conferences with Medical Director regarding any questions about an individual's eligibility for services.
- Ensures that Interdisciplinary Group (IDG) meetings are regularly conducted and records maintained.
- Attends IDG meetings to facilitate coordination of care and discussion of interdisciplinary group involvement.
- Assists clinicians in establishing immediate and long-term therapeutic goals, in setting priorities, and in developing plan of care.
- Regularly reviews assigned patients' prognosis/decline, medications, supplies, equipment and clinical course.
- Actively participates in and ensures compliance in the quality assessment performance improvement program.
- Conducts quarterly record reviews and communicates findings and recommendations to the Education & Compliance Department and hospice personnel.
- Interviews, hires and ensures complete and appropriate orientation and training of all assigned staff.
- Conducts annual employee evaluations for staff.
- Participates in/conducts employee counseling.
- Follows-up on any patient, employee, or customer complaint/concern.
- Develops a report of issue, findings, and action plan in a timely manner.
- Ensures adherence to admission, revocation and discharge processes as per agency policy.
- Ensures updated policies, forms and job descriptions are reviewed with appropriate staff and utilized in the office.
- Assumes direct patient/family care when needed.
- Participates in Administrator on-call program.
- Participates in clinical on-call, carries caseload as staffing/census level mandate.
- Complies with accepted professional standards and principles.
Competitive Salary; Medical, Company-Paid Dental, & Vision Insurance; Life and AD&D Insurance; Short term and Company-Paid Long-Term Disability Insurance; CE and Tuition Reimbursement; Exceptional PTO schedule; Personal Holidays; Paid Holidays; 401k with match
Must be a Registered Nurse licensed within the agency geographic service area.
One year hospice experience required.
Two years healthcare management experience preferred.
Maintains a current CPR certification.
Must be a licensed driver with an automobile that is insured
Hospice of America was founded by a team of experienced hospice professionals with a goal of providing exceptional hospice care across the country. Our compassionate hospice team was born out of the realization that while many hospice agencies are started on the principles of providing compassionate end-of-life care, most get bogged down in the complex business aspects of the healthcare environment. The increasing complexity of insurance, Medicare and hospice regulations causes many hospice providers to spend a majority of their time dealing with paper rather than people. But that is not the case with Hospice of America.
Hospice Partners has deep hospice industry expertise. By joining our organization, hospice agencies are able to leverage our business acumen and back office support, which allows the local leadership to return their focus to patient care. Hospice Partners is dedicated to the highest level of patient care and customer service. We are continually evaluating our care from the patient and family perspective as well as the quality of care and service perspective. Our goal is to exceed the expectations of our patients, their loved ones and our healthcare provider partners who trust us to care for their patients at their time of greatest need.
Hospice Partners currently has offices in six states. The company has demonstrated steady growth in each of our existing locations and we are continuing to add to our growing family.