We are looking for a Head of Product who will report and be responsible for all aspects of product improvements and new product development, including electronics, hardware, and packaging, specifically for cannabis vaporizer pens.
This is inclusive of identifying market and consumer opportunities, translating these opportunities to strategy, determining development priorities, gathering requirements, and developing and managing the process from strategy to implementation.
Reporting Relationship: COO
- Maintenance of product and market knowledge. Assessment and analysis of market and consumer trends.
- Anticipate business needs and growth drivers and utilize customer data and testing to determine the consumer needs / wants.
- Identification of opportunities for improvement and incorporation of new products and new product features on an on-going basis. Definition of market opportunities and development of product briefs.
- Management of product lifecycle from concept to launch - develop a Stage-and-Gate process and manage meetings with key stakeholders for decision-making.
- On-going development of the product vision and strategy. Synthesis of ideas on strategy, planning, and execution of the next generation of products. Building consensus and driving execution.
- Heavy cross-functional alignment to ensure new offerings can be executed with excellence while also meeting business goals.
- Work closely with the product development team, communicating product specifications they can quickly and efficiently bring to market. Lead them to meet goals and deadlines.
- Best practice research and benchmarking. Execution of competitive analysis and development of a strong understanding of stakeholder positions to drive development decisions.
- Set targets for revenue generation and consistently track and report on KPIs.
- Drive GTM strategies for new offering launches.
- Serve as product evangelist both internally and externally.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, a bias for action and a proven ability to influence others in and across teams and organizations.
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Implementation orientation; demonstrated ability to translate strategic differentiators into products and features that launch.
- Technical fluency; comfort understanding and discussing cannabis hardware, oil, strains.
- Proven ability to make smart feature versus time-to-market trade-offs; experience using data and metrics to back up assumptions and assertions of business value.
- Project management and cross-functional team leadership expertise.
Compensation: Depending on Experience