The Helpdesk Support Analyst role will be responsible for supporting the organization's hardware and desktop application software. This individual must be able to think on their feet in a fast-paced environment, exhibit excellent troubleshooting skills and demonstrate excellent communication abilities. Candidate must demonstrate first-rate customer service skills and enjoy working with end users.
The Helpdesk Support Analyst role is multi-faceted with the opportunity to be a contributor and implementer of new technology solutions in addition to the primary support function of those technologies. We expect the individual to be proactive, a self-motivator and voluntarily contribute as a subject matter expert to provide a premium support environment with the latest technology solutions.
- Provide helpdesk support and resolve problems to the end user's satisfaction remotely
- Answer helpdesk calls and messages
- Monitor and respond quickly and effectively to requests received through the IT helpdesk
- Manage and monitor service tickets in the queue
- Utilize and maintain the helpdesk tracking software
- Document internal procedures
- Manage PC setup and deployment for new employees using standard hardware, images and software
- Install, configure and verify new workstations, peripheral equipment and software
- Modify and repair computer hardware and software.
- Maintain inventory of all equipment, software and software licenses
- Assist in the ordering of pc hardware and peripherals
- Escalate issues and problems to upper tier support and/or supervisor
- Assign users and computers to proper groups in Active Directory
- Perform timely workstation hardware and software upgrades as required
- Respond to queries over the phone and/or in writing
- Respond to email messages for customers seeking help; ask questions to determine nature of problem; walk customer through problem-solving process
- Review event logs to determine malfunctions that continue to occur.
- Run diagnostic programs to resolve problems.
- Follow up with customers to ensure issue has been resolved.
- Be a part of the on-call rotation.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
- A completed or in-process Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline, or equivalent work experience and technical training, is required
- 1-3 years of experience in computer systems or IT support (Trading or Financial industry desired)
- Understanding of Windows 10, iOS and Android devices, and Printers
- Advanced understanding of Microsoft Office 365
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills; telephone and email etiquette
- Flexible Schedule
- Ability to use customer service standards to help others interpret policy
- Thorough understanding of trouble ticket process
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills (technical and non-technical)
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills
- Broad range of application, network, desktop, and mobile device knowledge is highly desirable
- Ability to adapt to change quickly
- Excellent written communication skills including technical writing abilities