MarketScale is hiring a creative and organized Digital Journalism Intern to track industry topics, interview business leaders, and brainstorm engaging content that brings out the story of B2B.
MarketScale focuses on B2B industry content, news, and thought leadership through 13 industry-specific publications. The publication team currently produces more than 20 original articles along with 30 podcasts each week.
Candidates must be able to identify strong content and editorial opportunities specific to niche B2B industries. They must also be a skilled researcher and organizer who can sift through mass amounts of information, and deliver written headlines, stories, and summaries to drive online engagement.
This person will be a skilled networker who can develop relationships with industry insiders to break stories and get unique insight. The perfect fit for this position is an avid learner who is constantly trying to educate themselves in industries and areas that are highly specific.
Day-to-day activities include working alongside our editorial and writing staff, assisting in quality control in a variety of mediums, conducting or scheduling phone interviews with key business leaders, maintaining social media accounts with fresh content, assisting video producers and writers to maintain consistently engaging content, while creatively writing, editing, and producing original content as well.
This person will work in a team environment, interacting with account managers, brands and writers, conducting research and creating original content. He or she will publish content on owned and earned media outlets, as well as social media.
• Must be enrolled in a four-year university working towards a degree in journalism or related field
• 1-3 years' experience in digital content and journalism, including college work
• Proficiency in standard web and social media publishing tools
1. Understanding of Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and what drives engagement
2. Ability to learn our social media video platform
• Research background
• Experienced in networking
• Proficiency in AP style and comfortable editing
• Mastery of written communication in a variety of writing styles
• Interest in creating and curating content in a variety of formats from video to long-form written content
MarketScale is a B2B content marketing firm and publisher located in the Bank of America Plaza in the heart of downtown Dallas, TX.
If you meet the requirements and have a passion for digital business content in exciting industries ranging from IoT and Architecture to Sports, Entertainment, and Professional AV, this job could be for you – apply now!