Are you looking for an opportunity to make a difference? At the end of the day do you want to leave work with a sense of fulfillment? Are you a compassionate, caring person who loves helping people? If you answered yes to these questions, then a career with The Arc of Monroe may be right for you!
As a Maintenance Technician you will perform preventative repair and service maintenance to Arc facilities. Services may include electrical, plumbing, carpentry, roofing, painting, household appliance repair, HVAC, masonry and other mechanical systems. Other responsibilities include acting as a liaison between contractors, service providers and The Arc’s maintenance department, providing periodic emergency service (evenings and weekends) as required, and performing routine maintenance, including year round outdoor yard maintenance.
- Basic computer literacy (e-mail, Internet searches, simple edits to Word documents and Excel spreadsheets)
- Valid NYS Driver's License. Availability of insured personal vehicle to transport self as necessary.
- Ability to lead projects and instruct other maintenance technicians during completion of assignments
- Willingness to obtain certifications in trades relative to the performance of their duties (e.g. electrical, plumbing, HVAC)
- Ability to interact effectively with the Agency’s diverse population.
- Standing 70% of the time. Walking 20% of the time. Sitting 10% of the time.
- Required to climb, stoop, kneel, crouch, reach, push, pull, and lift for a significant portion of the day.
- Frequently required to crawl.
- Required to exert up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently. May occasionally be required to exert up to 100 pounds of force.
- Visual acuity required to view a computer terminal, check accuracy, visual inspection, operation of machines, use measurement devices, and/or assembly or fabrication of parts at distances close to the eyes.
- Ability to use all equipment and adaptive equipment safely and effectively.
- Spends 80% workday inside and 20% outside in Winter; and 40% of workday inside and 60% outside in summer.
- Regular exposure to a variety of physical conditions, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, electrical current, working on scaffolding and high places, exposure to heat or exposure to chemicals.
- Frequent exposure to one more of the following conditions: fumes, odors, dusts, mists, gasses or poor ventilation.
High School graduate or equivalent with three (3) years’ experience in a variety skilled craftsman trades; including painting, electrical, plumbing, carpentry, HVAC, and household appliance repairs.