PHYSICIAN OFFICE LPN
- Prepares patients to be seen by the provider by triage, assessment, treatments, procedures, patient education and follow up information.
- Formulates the database by systematically obtaining information through communication with patients and family members. This is to include vital signs, history, chief complaints and any relevant information to be documented in patients chart.
- Performs tests such as selected laboratory tests, EKG’s, Spirometry, inhalation treatments.
- Prepares medications and gives injections as ordered by provider
- Assists provider with procedures and treatments as needed.
- Consults with patients by telephone addressing concerns or instructions by provider.
- Provides patient education as needed.
- Phones patients giving test results such as labs, xrays, etc. as directed by provider.
- Sanitize and clean examining rooms between patients
- Checks expiration dates on drugs and vaccines and disposes of out dated medications per guidelines
- Demonstrate a willingness to work with other providers as deemed necessary.
- Participate in meetings and in services as requested by practice manager.
- Prefer at least one year experience in physician’s office or other clinical setting.
- Must possess a valid SC license-LPN and BLS
- PRN; as needed, as scheduled