The Sterile Processing Technician cares for and maintains all surgical instrumentation and sets up supplies and instruments for surgery cases.
- Must be a Certified Sterile Processing and Distribution Technician
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 2-3 years experience as Instrument Room Technician.
- Experience with all types of sterilizers.
- Knows operating room instrumentation.
- Organized in setting up operating room instrument tray.
- Understands operation of steam/ gravity sterilizer.
- Understands Sterrad sterilizers.
- Ability to prepare reports and keep records.
- Familiarity with medical terminology and departmental supply items is required.