The Customer Strategy Manager will join a team of talented and experienced marketers that focus on helping Merkle clients achieve their business goals through deep understanding of their market and customers, Merkle’s capabilities for online and offline marketing and our approach to people-based communications.
The Manager operates as a key member of our client account team helping to ensure that the programs we execute are based on our deep understanding of our client’s business and strategic objectives. You must also show the ability to build strong relationships in order to become a trusted advisor to the client and Merkle account team. This role requires you to be analytical as well as creative in your thought process and have the ability to be nimble in your thinking about client problems. As a key leader inside of an account team you must also demonstrate the capability to get others to believe in the ideas that you present and follow that belief through to execution.
At Merkle “Strategy” means a key idea that is informed, executable and provides results. Those ideas need to be applicable to a variety of client scenarios and must cross any service that is necessary to achieve the client objective. As a Manager in the Customer Strategy team you must have demonstrate experience in planning across media and channels, development and management of campaigns that generate measurable ROI and have the ability to work across multiple of our core vertical markets (Insurance, Financial Services, Non-Profit, Retail, Automotive, Travel, Media and Entertainment, B2B, High Tech)
The ideal candidate for this position must have a strong passion for problem solving, and a deep understanding of how businesses, brands and customers interact, with an advanced understanding of the rapidly evolving role that data and technology play in this relationship. Candidates must possess the ability to identify business growth opportunities and develop strategic recommendations to support the growth of client relationships.
· Bachelor’s Degree required.
· 5-7+ years’ experience in data driven marketing – specifically CRM/ email / Online media / Offline media.
· 3+ years working in an agency or consulting firm.
· Non-Profit experience preferred.
· Proven experience in developing solutions to support the sale of new services to clients.
· Hands-on skills using data and research to drive decisions –proficiency in Excel and research tools a plus.
· Strong writing, presentation and client facing communication skills. Experience translating data analysis into actionable marketing recommendations and presentations – proficiency in PowerPoint a plus.
· Attention to detail and the ability to incorporate internal and external feedback on an iterative basis.
· Ability to leverage business experience / acumen to identify new business and marketing opportunities.
· Strong listening skills to understand clients visible and invisible needs.
· Must have superior multi-tasking, networking, time management and inter-personal skills.
· Self-starter high intellectual curiosity, drive, determination, and persuasion skills.
· Comfort and experience working within a highly matrixed organization in roles with a wide degree of latitude.
· 20%+ travel required
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. At Merkle, we believe that a diverse environment improves us as a community and as a business. We want to foster an environment of growth, where all ideas and contributions are encouraged. We need this culture of courage to continue to thrive in our fast-paced industry. We embrace differences of opinion. We value diversity of experience and thought, which help us to challenge and define industry-leading solutions and support our goal of being a great place to work.