- Develop and execute on comprehensive visibility plans for practice areas of strategic importance to the firm
- Assist with monitoring media alerts and key publications for news related to Paul, Weiss; share content with relevant parties internally; and produce regular reports on press coverage
- Vet and respond to inquiries from the press and other third-party media, as appropriate
- Create and execute communications plans and ongoing programs to promote client matter outcomes and milestones, personnel developments and other newsworthy activity
- Stay abreast of trends and related developments that may inform our thought leadership efforts and recommend tactics based on findings
- Work with attorneys to identify timely, provocative and sensible topics for thought leadership campaigns that involve a number of tactics
- Follow the media landscape in relevant industries and disciplines; develop relationships with key reporters, cultivate relationships between those reporters and key attorneys, and proactively suggest ways to contribute to the news landscape in mutually beneficial ways
- Place byline articles in appropriate publications, blogs and other outlets; repurpose client memos and other authored content to advance thought leadership and visibility objectives
- Produce videos and interactive content with support from the multimedia team; this includes working with partners on content, coordinating video shoot logistics, editing footage and promoting the final product
- Research conferences, events, sponsorship and speaking opportunities, and work with attorneys and business development colleagues to propose and coordinate participation
- Maintain and organize systems that track information including project timelines, deadlines, measure results, program participation, etc.
- Work closely with business development colleagues, practice managers and attorneys to track new business, client developments and matter progress that may inform communications work and other business development efforts
- Participate in other communications and business development projects, as needed
- Bachelor's degree required. 7 + years of marketing communications, public relations, news, or law firm experience/internships is preferred.
- Highly organized with a meticulous attention to detail.
- Ability to work in an environment with shifting priorities to meet time-sensitive deadlines, as well as manage multiple projects simultaneously, including confidential matters.
- Willingness to learn new technologies and processes and eagerness to help the team.
- Excellent communication skills (writing, editing, formatting, proofreading and presentation skills).
- Strong analytical skills.
- Excellent inter-personal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work confidently and collaboratively with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Resourceful, driven attitude with a genuine desire and energy to use a “whatever it takes” approach to ensure team success.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of the work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.