- The Senior Controls Systems Engineer is the technical lead responsible for the plant instrumentation and controls. The Senior Instrument engineer has final responsibility for all plant instrumentation and controls. His responsibility is to ensure that the plant instrumentation and controls meet the technical requirements of the plant instrument and controls specifications, the applicable industry standards and the Peruvian engineering codes.
- Comply with directives, plans, procedures, guidelines, legal requirements and other adopted Company commitments with regards to Quality, Occupational Health, Safety and Environment (QHSE).
- Participate actively in any QHSE activity required as part of the assigned duties and in general, in any other initiative implemented by the Company to improve QHSE performance.
- Promote compliance with QHSE standards and guidelines at work, including any work engaging contractors, suppliers and customers
- Provide technical assistance to Operation for the plant Instrument and Control systems related issues.
- Provide technical assistance to the Maintenance department for the plant Instrument related issues.
- Provide guidance to fellow Asset Development staff for aspects related to controls and instrumentation.
- To carry out duties in a safe manner in accordance with HES regulations and practices.
- Promote and manage Health, Safety and Environmental aspects related to Instrument Engineering for both own staff and all contractors & vendor representatives.
- Lead the instruments and controls engineers to develop and implement a strategic plan to optimize the plant Instruments and instrumentation for the life cycle of the plant.
- Assist and provide instruments engineering support to Maintenance and Operations Departments for plant emergency call-out and incident investigations.
- Provide engineering design, construction and commission support to plant in-house projects for Instruments related issues.
- Provide hands training and guidance to the plant instrument engineers and the instrument maintenance technicians.
- Work under the guidance of plant management to meet the plant strategic goals and departmental Team Performance Commitments (TPC).
- Develop and implement individual Performance comments which align with the plant strategic goals.
- Assist in the liaison with Government Agencies, Partners and Surveyors on all issues related to Instrument Equipment and ensure compliance with agreed standards, procedures and regulations.
- Knowledge of the plant Instruments, the GE Mark IV TMR and the Cimplicity HMI Logic including hardware and maintenance.
- Knowledge of the plant Instrument, the GE GAP software program, hardware and maintenance for the Atlas Fuel Controller.
- Knowledge of the plant Instrument, the Siemens Simatic S7 software, hardware and maintenance.
- Knowledge of the plant ICSS (Emerson DeltaV DCS and SIS Logic Solver) system including programming, hardware and maintenance.
- Knowledge of Compressor Controls Corporation Series 5 Surge and Performance Controllers including programming, hardware and maintenance.
- Knowledge of Instrument field Instrument application including Flow, Level, Pressure and Temperature.
- Knowledge of SIL Safety Integrity Level standards IEC61511 and IEC61508
- Knowledge of Allen Bradley PLC including Controllogix programming, hardware and maintenance.
- Knowledge of control valve and control valve sizing
- Knowledge of Modicon PLC including programming, hardware and maintenance.
A minimum of 10 years’ experience in the oil, petrochemical or LNG industry.
Experience in managing a small-medium department. Experience in dealing with various cultures and government representatives.