MiTek® Canada Inc., a subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, Inc. is the world's leading supplier of state-of-the-art, engineered connector products, engineering services, and computer-driven machinery for the building component industry. We provide the industry's most advanced, most comprehensive, and most innovative software for design and manufacturing. Our products and services are backed up by a team of industry professionals who are dedicated to one goal – making our customers successful.
Have you ever wanted to be part of a team which develops leading software solutions for the building component manufacturer industry? If so, we are seeking a motivated SOFTWARE ENGINEER with a solid knowledge and experience developing desktop applications with Visual Studio, .NET framework, C++, and C#, who is responsible for maintaining and enhancing the functionalities of our desktop application SAPPHIRE Structure (2020 and SE engineering) for the component manufacturer (CM) industry. You will have input on all technical aspects of the each project, applying industry standards and utilizing past experiences. As a technical leader, you will help decide on technologies, as well as design and implement complex, technical solutions using the latest software technologies. Be part of something that is changing the construction industry on a global scale; come be a part of MiTek!
- Code, test, document, configure, and debug solutions using C++, C#, and .NET Framework in Visual Studio environment.
- Write and perform unit testing using Test Explorer in Visual Studio and third-party tools like NuGet.
- Document code appropriately for maintainability.
- Refactor legacy C++ code into C#.
- Translate requirements and use cases into technical designs and functional code.
- Maintain and improve the performance of existing software.
- Communicate with product owners and business analysts to gather accurate specifications for new enhancements and applications.
- Collaborate with teams responsible for requirements, development, and quality assurance to ensure solutions are efficient, consistent, and fulfill business needs.
- Participate in analysis, design, and code reviews. Work in an Agile software development environment using Scrum
- Lead, mentor, and coach junior developers.
- Interact professionally with others; including co-workers, vendors and customers.
- Attendance during regular work hours and overtime as required.
- 5+ years of experience in desktop application software development using Visual Studio, C++, C# and .NET framework.
- Strong evidence of development experience in .NET Framework, C#, APIs, Visual Studio.
- Strong ability to refactor code using Visual Studio.
- Experience with legacy code C and C++ is an asset
- Knowledge of writing T-SQL queries and stored procedures with complex joins is an asset
- Clear and effective written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or related field.