STEAM Adventure is a Science Technology Engineering Arts Math after-school program designed by innovative industry-leading education specialists to promote life-long learners who solve problems by embracing challenges. By crafting an educational environment that fosters curiosity, critical inquiry, and collaboration grounded in project-based learning, our team is able to instill techniques that empower today's children and tomorrow's adults to adapt to constantly evolving technology and an ever-rapidly changing marketplace. We insist on “making” as an essential element of every experience we create, and create with the solid belief in every child's ability to make incredible things and create an incredible future for us all.
The STEAM ADVENTURE AFTER SCHOOL PROGRAM COORDINATOR is responsible for upholding STEAM Adventure's mission and goals, planning, leading, and implementing the STEAM Adventure curriculum, creative and recreational enrichment activities, as well as basic administrative tasks inside the classroom.
- Coordinate with other STEAM Adventure Teachers and staff in curriculum and activity implementation
- Organize and lead a variety of activities appropriate for school age children; Activities may include team building exercises, crafts, indoor and outdoor games, STEAM (science technology engineering arts math) based enrichment activities, etc
- Ensure that the site is kept clean and organized
- Assist in maintaining accurate program records including incident reports, daily rosters, logbook documentation, and attendance records
- Assist in completing child and program evaluations
- Maintain CACFP and Minnesota Department of Health Licensing for meals and snacks, if applicable.
- Cultural competency
- Results driven
- Problem Solving
- Growth oriented
Qualifications - Required
- Bachelors Degree
- ACTIVE MINNESOTA TEACHING LICENSE
- Meet Minnesota DHS Rule 3 or Wisconsin HFS 46 Teacher qualifications, including yearly in service requirements.
- Minimum 21 years of age.
- Adult and child CPR or CPR/PR, First Aid, and AED Certifications within 30 days of hire date.
- A commitment to working with children and families in a developmental setting and a sincere desire to have a meaningful effect on their lives.
- Able to plan, organize, and execute developmentally appropriate program activities
- Excellent skills in teaching, communication, and human relations.
- Ability to work with diverse populations.
Qualifications - Preferred
- Meet NAEYC accreditation requirements
- Previous experience working with school age children
- Previous experience working with diverse populations
- Knowledge of CACFP Program requirements
- Perform all physical aspects of the position, including frequently moving around, bending, reaching, and lifting up to 50 pounds at a time.
- Ability to recognize and react calmly and effectively in hazardous/ dangerous situations.
- May provide children with assistance in dealing with issues such as personal hygiene, medical needs, toileting, lifting, reading, writing, feeding, and getting in or out of transportation.
- May be exposed to verbal outbursts, physical actions, accidents, etc., as a part of the educational environment.
- Ability to recognize and react calmly and effectively in hazardous/dangerous situations.
- Ability to travel locally to program sites.
- $26 per hour
- 14 hours per week, Monday - Thursday
- Bonuses for hitting STEAM Adventure employee targets and goals
- Access to STEAM Adventure professional development programs and events
- Teacher content building through STEAM Adventure's innovative curriculum and company resources
- Opportunity to form long-term professional relationships with teachers, school administrators and industry-leading education specialists.