This position with MODUL MARBLE requires individual interaction with customers, developing relationships, and substantial knowledge of products sold. Ensure that each customer receives outstanding customer service by providing a customer friendly environment which includes greeting and acknowledging every customer, educating the customer on the sales process, assessing the customer’s needs, and locating products that closely match their specified color demand.
ABOUT US ARCHITECTURAL SURFACES GROUP, parent company of ARCHITECTURAL GRANITE & MARBLE, MODUL MARBLE AND PENTAL SURFACES, has been a worldwide leader in granite, marble, quartz, tile and soapstone supply, now in OVER TWENTY LOCATIONS ACROSS THE UNITED STATES. Our deep industry experience and excellent reputation give us access to the finest quarries in the world, while our diverse customer base gives us the buying power to bring our customers top quality natural stone at an economical price. We carry more than 120 colors of natural stone in slabs from Brazil, India, China, Europe and beyond.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Assist clients in selecting slabs and tile for their overall project(s).
- Help coordinate marketing and outreach efforts to architects, designers, homebuilders, and the general public through various channels.
- Assist dealers such as fabricators and tile distributors with the sales and ordering process.
- Perform all duties and responsibilities in a timely manner and as required.
- Perform additional duties as assigned, including answering the phones, organize the designer room, file paperwork, and answer any questions the customer might have.
- Must be able to work Saturdays.
- Must demonstrate showroom sales skills in a high-end work environment.
- Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and written.
- Ability to seek out new clients by attending industry events and functions.
- Must be self-driven, organized and detailed oriented.
- Must have appropriate manners and be presentable.
- Must be punctual and have consistent attendance.
- Ability to work well with others and have good conduct.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in related industry preferred.
- Sales and design experience in industry (architectural, design, or construction).
- Natural Stone and tile sales experience preferred.
- Demonstrate design skills and architectural knowledge.
- Bilingual in both written and verbal in Spanish is a plus.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- Competitive hourly rate; commensurate with experience plus performance-based bonus opportunities.
- Full Benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, supplemental, 401k plus match, paid Company holidays (8), paid vacation, sick and personal days. Very competitive medical insurance rates.
- Opportunities for advancement.